Roong Aroon School is urgently looking for a middle years Thai Literature + Social Studies teacher for its new International Programme. The teacher is expected to work in a collaborative teaching team to develop and deliver interdisciplinary and subject-specific learning units to students with mixed abilities and varying levels of English. Ability to work effectively with foreign and Thai nationals in English is necessary; teaching will be in English primarily (for Social Studies) but also in Thai for Thai Literature.
A successful candidate should be able to:
- Deliver creative and engaginglessons within an inquiry-based, experiential learning framework;
- Collaborate in the planning and implementation of conceptual, inquiry and project-based units, and be able to integrate subjects for interdisciplinary teaching and learning;
- Collaborate in the development of the programme curriculum;
- Co-teach social studies with a foreign teacher and provide Thai context and content;
- Teach Thai Literature conceptually to enable deeper understanding of Thai language and literature;
- Organizeand assist with extended field studies in urban and rural settings;
- Create differentiated instruction plans to meet varying student needs;
- Evaluate student progress in both academic and personal development;
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, students, and parents;
- Continually seek ways to improve pedagogical practices and personal character;
- Develop unit, weekly and daily lesson plans and be willing to present these plans to the community in order to receive feedback and modify for improvements;
- Read English at a high level and be able to assist in translation of materials as needed;
- Maintain high standards and realistic expectations for our students;
- Other duties as deemed necessary by the principal and teaching team.
- Thai nationality;
-Excellent Thai reading, writing and speaking;
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in education or related field (Master’s degree in education or related field preferred);
- At least 2 years working experience in a K-12 school setting;
- A valid teaching license or certificate;
- Good command of written and spoken English;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
We urgently need a flexible, creative Thai teacher, English teacher and Staff to join our School team. We are an IB-MYPcandidate. Experience, empathy and a caring disposition in working with middle years students (ages 12-16) are essential.
Professional development for our holistic pedagogy and the IB-MYP framework will be provided, along with inservice training, mentoring and support to adapt to our unique school culture and teaching community.