Our client is a manufacturer of high value engineered machinery products.
The Materials Manager will report to the Managing Director. The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Managing the logistics planners to ensure imported materials are planned and received in accordance with business requirements.
- Developing and implementing solutions to improve the accuracy of material forecasts.
- Managing logistics suppliers – cost control, quality of service, continuous improvement “the perfect order”.
- Developing effective communication methods with logistics suppliers to support engagement, and developing strategies to optimise the supply chain and support the integration of global processes.
- Acting as a trusted business partner to relevant operations, procurement, and engineering teams.
- Consulting effectively across respective business units to ensure consistency and balance.
- Advising on, coaching, and being a mentor to business units on logistics related issues.
- Understanding the domestic logistics cost impact and supporting the plant Material Planning & Logistics teams to achieve business objectives.
- Developing and/or maintaining a sufficient purchase procedure for direct and indirect materials.
- Ensuring the Central Planning team adheres to company policy and procedures to minimise business risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Supply Chain Management or a related field.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in manufacturing, with at least 5 years at management level.
- Strong working knowledge of planning, input/output control, product structures, bills of materials, routings, demand management, stockroom, ERP, and cost accounting systems.
- A solid foundation of strategic material planning, inventory controlling and knowledgeable in all related logistics areas.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and ERP.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and possesses a strong initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
Our client offers the opportunity to work in this international environment with a benefits package including a housing allowance, medical insurance, provident fund and a fixed bonus, and, the opportunity to be part of this growing company.