Performs complex but standard technical simulator tasks
including preventative and corrective maintenance work in office, on site, and in the field and may execute some design work.
Assists senior engineers with maintenance, testing, repair, problem resolution and certification issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares the Simulation Training Equipment for daily operation, such as performing the visual alignment and the pre / post flight
- Carries out Simulation Qualification testing (QTGs) and performs preventative maintenance for each training
device, based on the published monthly schedules
- Trains simulator technicians in basic skills
- Loads appropriate exercise scenarios and other tasks required to prepare for specific training sessions, while also completing Journey Logs at the start and finish of scheduled
- Diagnoses reported snags, verifies simulator operation, rectifies and records operational and maintenance snags and assists in the restoration of failed equipment or refers such
failures to more qualified/experienced staff
Specialized trade or technical school