PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
A Senior Technical Service Specialist is a responsible for providing level two support to our customer base – handling Total Lab Automation (TLA) and general installations,
complex repairs, longer duration instrument hardware or software upgrades and providing basic training to customers and Abbott Ambrassadors in responsible area.
- Perform new customers and laboratory site inspections for new contract / tender preparations and design for new installations in both Bangkok and up-country.
- Provide level II service (complex service Interventions requiring more than 4 hours of labor)
- Installation of TLA instruments, general analyzers and AbbottLink.
- Perform IQOQ (Installation Qualification Operation Qualification) procedures during and after installation.
- Assist with customer business reviews.
- Schedule, perform and document hardware and software updates (TSBs) requiring more than 2 hours of labor time.
- Deliver basic customer operator introductory trainings post install or post hardware or software upgrade.
- Perform basic technical coaching and training for Abbott Ambassadors.
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for EHS performance and compliance through active participation and support of Abbott EHS program.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification or experience required. Bachelors / Engineering degree in medical / electrical / mechanical or medical technology are preferred.
- Five years of experience as a Technical Service Specialist and or a proven track record in a similar position, supported by management and customer references
- Successful engagement with customers, specifically key stakeholders and lab staff.
- Excellent product and industry knowledge
- Excellent experience and process skills of the business functions service delivery.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify and drive resolution of issues
- Technical expert for product line responsibility
- Coaching and training skills
- Excellent experience in use of analytical tools and software
- Work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
At Abbott, we’re committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we’ve brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.