- This is a SENIOR role - you must have 8+ years of SOURCING management experience to apply!
- Source to supply position – not procurement
- Great package on offer including base and benefits!
As our Senior Sourcing Engineer, you are responsible to find, qualify, shortlist, audit, measure and evaluate new suppliers across Asia Pacific, to ensure their products meet our standards for safety, quality and that they do what we need them to do. This
ensures that Invacare Asia Pacific has continuous supply of current products and parts, for our customers to meet their demands. You are also required to work with Operations Manager Asia closely to bring in and adopt the best practise in the industry.
The role will see you:
- Understand new product roadmaps, engage with suppliers regarding supply.
- Assess and review supplier partners against product roadmap, and select new partners for future product development and launch to market
- Accountable for all the sourcing related activities across the region including ensuring timely, quality and cost competitive supply.
- Document & manage overall project sourcing strategies.
- Track and manage improvements in procured component supply risk, quality, material cost, and response / lead time for the full product bill of materials.
- Work in conjunction with Operations Manager Asia to conduct regional supplier negotiations, selection, contracts, management and compliance based on Invacare standards.
- Provide timely reporting on KPI’s
- Ensure compliance with quality, safety and environmental standards.
- Manage and coordinate all sourcing project deliverables in support of product development.
- Work with Product Managers and Supplier Quality Engineer to ensure Quality of product and critical requirements are addressed and met
- Develop partner relationships with internal Invacare businesses or 3rd party suppliers based on future product needs
About you and what you must have:
- A University degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering / suitable procurement and supply chain. R&D experience is a bonus
- Prior experience managing vendor relationships is a must.
- Managing and finding key suppliers, being able to audit suppliers whilst keeping great relationships.
- A fluent level of English and Thai are a must. Mandarina spoken is a bonus.
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sourcing!! Not Procurement.
- Proven leadership / cross-functional team skills.
- We prefer candidates from the Automotive or medical devices field!
Coming from such a background means you have built up excellent relationships with government and non-government organisations and understand industry and regulatory requirements across ISO standards, the FDA and other similar regulatory bodies, therefore,
prior experience in the medical device or regulated industry is a definite plus.
We’d also love to hear from you if you have been involved in sourcing parts and suppliers relating to heat-treatment, metal parts fabrication or powder-coating!
Who is Invacare?
With a proud and reputable history, we’re the world leaders in medical products and services used in the home. We design, manufacture and distribute an extensive line of innovative home and long-term care medical products and services that promote recovery
and active lifestyles.
Our culture is inclusive, provides fantastic learning and development opportunities and rewards people for their hard work. We offer great benefits on-top of a competitive salary!