Location : Map Ta Phut / Thailand
Reporting direct :
Department Manager, Instrument
Purpose / Mission
- To work as part of the discipline design group, under the coordination of the Design Co-ordinator or Project Lead Engineer and the direction of Senior or Principle Engineers, for the execution
of detailed design activities.
Key Relationships / Main Tasks
- To act as Senior Designer on projects as required.
- Participate in studies and conceptual designs as required.
- Review the project scope and technical brief and apply the design criteria and methodologies outlined in it to the design of the project at hand.
- Review and markup P&IDs, layouts and other key documents with due consideration of safety, operability, simplicity and cost minimization.
- Prepare and check engineering designs and drawings, material take-offs, vendor document reviews, and other design deliverables as required by the project scope.
- Identify project scope or design changes, or other issues which could adversely affect project cost or schedule, promptly to the Lead Project Engineer.
- Responsible for developing project deliverables under the guidance of more senior designers.
- Responsible for reporting and or update on current task status to the team leader and project lead designer and providing weekly or bi-weekly reports of deliverable progress status regularly.
- Ensure that the technical content of all assigned design deliverables meet quality expectations; ensure drawings and designs are produced within the assigned timeframes; raise any gaps or potential
problems for resolution immediately upon identification.
- Participate in training and career development activities and assessments to improve design competencies.
- Provide coaching and support to less experienced personnel as appropriate.
- Higher education certificate/diploma or appropriate Technical qualification in Industrial Technology of Instrumentation & control, or a related field from reputable technology colleges.
- Minimum eight (8) years of working experience engineering and or construction of control systems & process instrumentation for the industrial projects such as Refinery and Gas plants,
Petrochemical, Offshore, and other process industries.
- Have good attitude worked as an engineer in a working environment and culture style in the organization.
- Designer, with practical experience in the industry relevant to the project.
- Understanding knowledge of the company’s design software tools and be able to create deliverables with these tools.
- Enthusiastic in self-learning during job assignment for gaining knowledge for future career path development.
- Have an interpersonal skill, a team player and able to work with all levels in the project team and multinational staff.
- Able to communicate English effectively in both oral and written form.
- Able to coach and train less experienced personnel in technical matters.
- English Communication Skills.
- Able to use 3D Model PDMS, AutoCAD, MS-Office suit software.
Position Description Validation Statement
An attractive remuneration commensurate with experience and ability will be offered to the successful Candidates.
- The description of work contained in the Position Description is provided to outline the broad requirements of the role.
- Employees may be required to undertake any workplace role within the Company that is within their level of competence and/or expertise.
- Recommendations, additions or amendments to Position Descriptions should be forwarded through your direct report for review.
- I hereby acknowledge the above and have read and understand the contents of the Position Description
- I have retained a copy of the position description for my reference.
- I agree and accept the responsibilities and tasks as outlined in this Position Description and will act in accordance to the tk Compliance rules and tk Code of conduct.
Please apply the application to Apply Now
Map Ta Phut Office:
thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions (Thailand) Ltd. - Human Resources Division
Century Industrial Park, 450 Sukhumvit Road, Hueypong, Amphur Muang, Rayong 21150
Phone: +66 (0) 3868 9300 Ext.8243