The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young person’s for whom s/he is responsible, or with
whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the relevant Cognita Safeguarding; Child Protection Policy and Procedures at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the role, the job holder identifies any instance
that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm either at school or at home, s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Child Protection Officer/Designated Safeguarding Lead or to the Head of indeed to the Regional CEP so that a referral
can be made accordingly to the relevant third part services.
Reporting directly to the ICT Support Manager, ICT Support Technician works closely with the ICT Network Manager to implement
and support the ICT Plan and Action Plan across the administrative and teaching positions at St. Andrews International School, Sathorn. Working under the guidance and supervision of the Network Manager with direction from the ICT Director, the ICT
Support Technician will focus on Level 1 (Helpdesk Support) duties.
- Assists with the implementation and maintenance of the school’s Windows platforms.
- Based on performance standards, responds to and resolves any hardware problem (eg. printers, computers, laptops, iPads, projectors, phones, etc.).
- Based on performance standards, responds to and resolves software problems (MS Office, Promethean and iOS, MS Windows, etc.)
- Reserves resources for staff members (ICT Labs, iPad & Laptop signouts, etc.)
- Maintains the functionality and appearance of the ICT labs and classroom computers.
- Sets-up and ensures the technical success of events (sound systems, projectors, laptops, screens, etc.)
- Installs new computer system (desktop or laptop), software & hardware. Performs system updates and changes if necessary.
- Performs proactive printer maintenance and toner replacement.
- Maintains projectors and Promethean whiteboards.
- Maintains a software and hardware inventory to ensure all IT resources are properly accounted for within the school.
- Maintains other computers and other hardware devices.
- Escalates unresolved problems to a Level 2 Specialist or other ICT Department staff member.
- Assists ICT Department staff as requested.
- Provides reports to the ICT Support Manager as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by ICT Support Manager or ICT Director.
- Make Staff and Parent ID Card.
- Set up computer login and school email for teacher and office staff
- Ability to learn knowledge of new systems quickly and apply them in the work environment
- Have the ability to think creatively and solve problems
- The ability to communicate, English and Thai
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manners
- Communicate successfully with people at all levels
- Team player
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Experience in the diagnosis of hardware, software and network problems, installation of software and use of common software suites
(e.g. MS Office)
- Experience with Apple and Windows OS a clear advantage
Education and licensing:
- Diploma in related technical discipline or any IT related studies
“Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other
third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.”