As the Senior Data Engineer, the key responsibility is to help team to drive building state-of-the-art data infrastructure to unlock full potential of VGI Digital Lab's data analytics capabilities. This includes, but not limited to, data integration
(from both internal and external sources), large-scale data pipelines, data workflow management, and in the future, ML/AI real-time inference service.
• Data analyst: Be one of point of contacts regarding any VGI One data-related matter. Help
create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture on data platforms either data
warehouse and data lake.
- Collaborates with analytics, Group data and business teams to improve data models that feed VGI One platform, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and help design/builds out API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Works closely with a team of frontend and backend engineers, product managers, and analysts to designs and evaluates open source and vendor tools for data lineage.
- Utilize data platforms & tap into a vast amount of data generated by the BSSH Group to provide the insights into business metrics: customer acquisition, operational efficiency, operational risk, regulation, etc.
• Team Management: Supports Head of the team and performs management duties when
Head is absent or out of office.
- Assisting head and the team in organizing, planning and implementing strategy
- Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance
- Provide mentoring to other team members from time to time, developing their coaching skills and effectiveness
• System/Data Architect: Identify, design and propose required resources to meet with company's goals and manage end-to-end product delivery (I.e. off-the-shelf software, IT outsourcing etc.).
- Help building product roadmap including In-sourcing requirement (VGI DL Tech Team), outsourcing to external software houses to expedite time-to-market, integrating off-the-shelf solutions to expedite time-to-market.
- Conceptualizing and generating infrastructure that allows big data to be accessed and analyzed.
- Reformulating existing frameworks to optimize their functioning.
- Testing such structures to ensure that they are fit for use.
- Preparing raw data for manipulation by BI & Data Scientists.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
• 4+ years of full-time experience in tech or related industry
• Proficiency in advanced data analytics techniques, including data mining, machine learning,
data visualization, Natural Language Processing with specialization in some areas
• Deep knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages such as R, Python, Java, C++
• Experience building and troubleshooting large-scale distributed products
• Experience with big data systems such as Hadoop, Spark
• Ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form
• Direct experience in big data analytics is a big plus. Business acumen, advertising tech.
knowledge, understanding of cloud infrastructure are desired.
• Initiative, self-motivated, problem solver, Open-mindedness, curiosity to learn new technology and ambition to disrupt Tech. Industry.