Our client is a snack, rice cracker and instant noodles manufacturer, and, a food service provider. The company is now searching for a suitable candidate for the position of Research Manager for Rice Cracker & Instant Noodles.
- Being responsible for all areas of the company’s raw material research, mainly focussing on “Rice” to develop the application into the product development process for crackers, snacks, instant noodles, and other food products.
- Cooperating with the Product Development team to create new products from conceptualization to commercialization.
- Researching & checking raw ingredients for maturity or stability for processing, and finished products for safety, quality and nutritional value.
- Developing and improving ways of preserving, processing, packaging, storing, and delivering foods in accordance with the knowledge of chemistry, microbiology, and other sciences.
- Searching for substitutes for harmful or undesirable additives.
- Studying methods to improve aspects of foods, such as chemical composition, flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, and convenience.
- Researching the structure and composition of food, or the changes foods undergo in storage and processing.
- Testing new products for flavor, texture, color, nutritional content, and adherence to government and industry standards.
- Evaluating food processing and storage operations, and assisting in the development of quality assurance programs for such operations.
- Managing concerns related to food nutrition & quality, as well as paying attention to the flavor, appearance, and texture of food products.
- Improving raw material quality as well as researching & reviewing formulations for current & future products.
- Cooperating with independent testing laboratories.
- Communicating with relevant parties regarding food quality and safety concerns.
- Updating product information data. Researching, analyzing, and summarizing research data.
- Handling various other duties as assigned by the Line Manager.
- Male or female, aged 38–48 years old.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Food Technology, Biology, Agricultural Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Industry Management, or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in food science & technology research or product research & development in the food or food ingredient industry.
- Must have experience from a food manufacturing company.
- Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and database programs.
- Good understanding of food safety standards; ISO 9001:2008, GMP, HACCP, BRC, IFsS, etc.
- Excellent numeral skills and an understanding of data analysis/statistical methods.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Service minded with excellent management skills.
- Solid technical knowledge of food ingredients as well as purchasing systems & processes.
- Based in Bangkok but must be able to visit the plant in Ratchaburi.