Role & Responsibilities:
Quality and Food safety system
- Developing and assessing the HACCP Program
- Plan, organize, direct, assign, delegate, motivate, and review activities of HACCP
- Review HACCP paperwork ensuring paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Ensure the facility is following all GMPs and prerequisite program
- Ensure local quality policies, procedures and practices are comply with corporate, customer, related international standard and regulatory requirements (ex: BRC, ISO, YUM! McD,
GMP, HACCP, etc.)
- Leads pest control program, manage and evaluate the services of sub-contracted service
- Manages the facility internal auditing system and verification/ validation activities to ensure RM/PM and product through supply chain meet established company quality and food
Quality system verification
- Plans and manages internal audit to ensure the audit program is adopted to verify that Food Safety and QMS conform to planned arrangement. Ensures that evidence of corrective and
preventive actions taken are recorded and reviewed.
- Maintains and updates the recall program, acting as the recall team leader for the facility
- Leads and participates in all facility audits including all federal regulatory agencies visits / customer audit
- To verify that corrective action plans in place to address any Q&FS non-compliances and that they are being implemented against agreed timescales.
Regulatory, religion and import/export compliance
- Ensure that product and quality system is compliance to Halal and required religion
- Coordinating, compiling and submitting application documents to the government and other regulatory agencies as required for health certificate
- Gather information and prepare quality & food safety document, provide to domestic/export customer and 3rd party per request
- Manages document system to ensure the procedures are adopted to approve, reviews and update all changes within the scope of Food Safety and QMS.
- Focusing on quality systems and specification development, including Statistical Process Control analysis of comprehensive analytical and microbiological data. Supports both key
raw material and finished goods specifications.
- Leading or participating in various cross-functional teams in support of the Customer requirement.
- Leads customer complaints investigation processes, identifies the root causes and ensures the appropriated corrective & preventive actions are taken effectively and timely manner.
Analyses trend of complaints based on root cause categories and leads team to minimize complaints.
Quality Program improvement
- Identify gap analysis, recommendation for improvement actives and enable the improvement of food safety, sanitation, quality and cost saving.
- Identifying relevant quality-related training needs and delivering training.
- Manage quality plant scorecard
- Any other activity allocated by QA Manager from time to time
Raw Material Supplier Control
- Leads supplier risk assessment through initial qualification audits during supplier selection and frequent supplier audit
- Undertakes Supplier Development activities to build technical and operational capability to meet the future requirements of the supply strategy
- Manage material non-conformance by investigating cause of defect, ensuring effective corrective and preventive action plan in place,
- Maintain supplier assurance database
Outsource Quality Control (Co-manufacturer & Co-packer)
- Manage current and future relevant co-packers and co-manufacturers to meet global and plant standard
- Leads co-man and co-packer risk assessment through initial qualification audits during selection and frequent supplier audit
- Coordinate to co-man, co-packer and customer in term of quality, food safety and technical issue
- Develop and implementation of quality and food safety system to co-man and co-packer to meet standard
- Manage and control assigned special projects in accordance with the requirements of the company.
- Male or female, aged 30 - 40 years old.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or any related field.
- Good command of English and computer literate
- At least 7 years’ experience being responsible for food quality and food safety, food industrial is preferable
- Background in BRC, AIB, FSSC, GMP, HACCP, HALAL, YUM Star, McD SQMS or other food safety standard.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are preferred.
- Able to articulate ideas well, enjoys problem solving & challenges with positive work attitude and approach.