An exciting Purchasing & Planning Manager (x1 vacancy) job has just become available at automotive company based in Chonburi, Thailand. Reporting to General Manager, this is a role for Purchasing & Planning Manager who thrive on challenging opportunity.
About the Purchasing & Planning Manager Role:
In this role, you are responsible to manage purchasing and planning team and ensure operational requirements are met as well as lead and assist in completing all the activities outlined below and as per requests from various business units within global divisions. The salary range for this role is THB 150k - 160k with provident fund and allowance.
- Manage and approve the ordering of necessary goods and services - both imported and domestic
- Ensure stock outs are kept to minimum by strictly controlling safety stock levels and monitoring delivery schedules
- Discover suppliers that offer an ongoing cost benefit and initiate business and organisation partnerships
- Initiate cost saving opportunities with Vendors on an ongoing basis
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Finalise purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing vendor contracts
- Ensure that the maximum financial benefit is achieved through the sale of scrap materials and redundant assets.
- Ensure organisational KPIs within your control are met
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Monitor changes within the supplier base to ensure our negotiating position is always balanced
- Maintain risk management matrix for raw materials, components, supply contracts and agreements
- Maintain purchasing, planning and forecasting modules in Syteline ERP system and direct purchasing and planning team as required
- Analyse forecast data from customers and compare with Syteline forecast data to ensure procurement and production plan supports the requirement
- Lead the multifunctional team to conduct the company wide stock take process including adjustments, reconciliation and interaction with auditors as required
- Manage and assist all team members to manage all production schedules for both Factory 1 and Factory 2
- Assist all new product development and improvement in all existing products and ensure optimal inventory level at all times
- Facilitate and provide data to prepare all sales forecast on monthly & annual basis
- Assist to obtain and manage all orders and deliveries for all external processes and prepare reports to be presented to management and manage demand and supply of all materials
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to perform various strategies and coordinate with program manager to monitor all supply chain activities and resolve all availability issues
- Participate in all evaluation meetings on weekly and monthly basis
- Ensure all purchasing & planning team members optimize the use of company ERP system - Syteline
- Process requirement and analyse all working of supply chain team
To succeed in the purchasing & planning job, you will need to have experiences in automotive industry with strong knowledge in purchasing and planning.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Industrial, Business, Logistics, Economics or related fields
- At least five -10 years of experience in both planning and purchasing functions in automotive industry
- High level of ERP experience (Syteline)
- Ability to liaise with all levels of staff, both internal and external to the organisation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as to participate in activities as a team member
- Ability to manage one's own time, set priorities, plan and organise work in order to meet the objectives
- Ability to produce results despite conflicting pressures
- Open only expat who is currently staying in Thailand
This automotive needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise.
If you are a driven and determined Purchasing & Planning Manager with proven track record of achievements in manufacturing environment, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications, our team will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551