Scope of Assignment
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Implement the UNHCR PPH Strategic Plan for Thailand
- Engage in activities that help to grow the donor base in Thailand - this will include organizing outreach and networking events, identifying and attending relevant networking events, and establishing partnerships/relationships
with relevant groups/ entities/platforms that provide access to new prospective donors;
- Communicate regularly with potential donors and other contacts to keep them updated of UNHCR’s progress of work and other relevant information;
- Explore partnership opportunities with individuals, foundations and corporations;
- Document relevant initiatives undertaken as part of fundraising efforts
- Update donor/prospects database on a regular basis
Definition of the Final Product
- Report the progress of the outreach strategy and list of leads and cultivation and stewardship plan.
- Submit the outreach strategy, and list of leads and cultivation and stewardship plan.
Completion of University degree MA/BA) in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Political Science or other related discipline.
At least 3 years of professional work experience with international private sector fundraising experience in a not-for-profit organisation or an international organisation
Proven ability to negotiate and secure corporate and foundation partnerships.
Proven experience in organising networking events and meetings in combination with excellent presentation and communication skill.
Provide ability to write, draft, and edit letters, appeals, reports, acknowledgements, briefings, and donor correspondence when appropriate and ability to explain complex issues to external donors and present the organization and diverse operations in
an appealing and concise manner
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Experience in Fundraising/Marketing principles
- Good knowledge of the donor community and fundraising environment in Singapore
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) in English.
- Excellent computer skills with Word and Excel.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Submission of Applications:
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your letter of motivation, updated factsheet (for internals), signed Personal History Form (for externals) by e-mail clearly stating the position title,
vacancy notice number and your Last Name in the subject line to
the email below by the closing date.
The Personal History Form and its supplementary sheet can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11SUP_UNHCR.docm
No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
(application, interview, processing or any other fees).
UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and
culture. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Refugees – who cares? We Do