Position Purpose Statement :
This position is accountable to manage the production planning and inventory control of products and activities in plant which involves production planning,
inventory management, warehouse, and import of finished goods for local sales, and export of product from
Khon Kaen plant.
Operating Environment :
Mondelēz International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world’s largest snacks companies, with global net revenues of $35 billion in 2013. Our dream is to create delicious moments of joy in everything we do. Over 100,000 employees support this dream
by manufacturing and marketing delicious food and beverage products for consumers in approximately 165 countries around the world. We are the world’s pre-eminent maker of snacks, with leading market shares in every category in which we compete.
Mondelēz International holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate, Candy and Powdered Beverages as well as the No. 2 position in Gum and Coffee. (Source: Euromonitor market
share). About three-quarters of our annual revenue is generated in the fast-growing Biscuits, Chocolate and Gum & Candy categories, and nearly 40 percent of our sales come from high-growth emerging markets.
Production Planning and Inventory Control
a) Production Planning
b) Material Planning
- Work closely with sales and marketing to generate the most reliable forecast possible
- Ensure that production meets the volume requirement of both local and export
- Ensure that the plan generate the highest output at the most optimum cost considering overtime and machine downtime
- Ensure the optimum level of inventories is maintained for all materials to meet production requirement and are in accordance with KFI inventory policy.
- Ensure timely preparation of material requirement planning with consideration of lead time, forecast accuracy, inventory policy and other logistic factors.
- Coach and lead the Logistic team by setting directions, developing potentials and optimizing performance.
- Drives excellence by providing leadership in the attainment of goals. Ensures communication of plans and information to personnel as well as follow through on all commitments.
- Manages performance through the development and implementation of targeted personnel performance management measures including constant and efficient performance reviews, giving
feedback, coaching, and counselling.
- In cooperation with Human Resources, initiates and supports training and development of each individual personnel.
- Identifies high potential individuals within the team and develop them to be possible successors to his post.
- Ensures discipline in the workplace
Finished goods import
- Ensure that materials and finished goods are warehoused in accordance with KFI guidelines/practices
- Work closely with CS&L (Product supply manager)
- Work closely with distributor to ensure compliance to KFI warehousing guidelines
Export order Servicing
- Work closely with marketing and sales to ensure timely import of finished goods and optimum inventory are available at distributor warehouse to meet sales forecast. The finish goods
import includes Biscuits, Tang and other finish goods from USA, Europe and Australia.
- Service the local and export order of biscuit from Cikarang Plant and sugar confectionery through licensee
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of local and export order at the lowest possible cost
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely preparation of export documents
Governance and Compliance
- Generate cost saving through alternative supplier and material
- Review and rationalized slow moving products
- Explore possibility to reduce inventory level and number of item
Safety and Environment
- Ensure ethical standards maintained
- Kraft policies and values maintained
- Trade Practices Act and other relevant legislative
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- The following improvement need to be executed such as HACCP implementation, maintain ISO 9001, improve safety record, reduce quality complain and implement
b) Leadership Competencies
- 5 years of experience in multinational fast moving consumer goods company
- Advanced knowledge in planning and replenishment
- Good knowledge in financial management
- Advanced skills in change management
- Consumer and customer understanding
- Process knowledge
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in marketing and Knowledge in employee and labour relation is preferable
c) Education, qualifications and training
- Dealing with Ambiguity,Building Effective Teams ,Conflict Management
- Motivating Others,Strategic Agility ,Managing Vision & Purpose
- Innovation Management ,Developing Direct Reports and Others
- University Undergraduate qualifications in Business Administration, a Master degree would be a plus.
- Good negotiation skill.