Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
The I&C Engineer’s role on an HRSG project team is to support the design of the overall process, through development of control documents
such as P&IDs, Lists, and Control Philosophy and purchase of equipment and components required to operate the HRSG. The I&C Engineer will interface with other disciplines within the project team and customer to deliver a quality product.
- Maintains P&IDs and Process Flow diagrams
- Develops and maintains Line, Terminal Point, Valve, Instrument, Equipment, and I/O lists
- Develops specifications to purchase equipment, performs bid evaluation, and review vendor drawings
- Develop and maintains Control and Operation Philosophy and Logic Diagrams
- Sizes and specifies for purchase engineered equipment such as pumps, duct burners, SCR and ammonia systems, CO catalysts, deaerators, dampers, diverter damper,
expansion joints, heat exchangers, elevators, steam and stack silencers, sampling and dosing systems, aircraft warning lights, and hoists.
- Responsible for sizing, selecting, and specifying equipment, components, and instrumentation to support the HRSG and overall plant operation.
- Miscellaneous calculations – line size, drain time, restriction orifices, piping insulation requirements
- Provide technical support for point to point wiring diagrams, control and power distribution panel drawings, cable tray and conduit layouts, pull cards, single
line diagrams, and interconnect drawings as needed per applicable Code and contract requirements
- Updates project schedules and attends project and design review meeting
- Develops and maintains O&M manuals, Operator Training manuals, performs operator training
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives and maintains assigned company and departmental standards
- Participate and support company strategic initiatives and process improvements
- Trains and mentors other PDEs as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- 5 years’ experience in instruments and controls preferred