St. Andrews International School is part of Cognita, a world leading international schools group, currently encompassing seventy-three schools across three continents. Today, you will find Cognita schools in Brazil, Chile, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, the
UK, Vietnam and Hongkong.
St. Andrews International Schools in Thailand offer a British International Education based on a mixture of the National Curriculum for England and the IBO programs at four campuses. Sathorn, Dusit and Sukhumvit 107 are located in Bangkok and Green Valley
on the outskirts of Pattaya.
The St. Andrews philosophy encompasses the whole child. Each of the four campuses is small and exclusive by design.
The role of the EAL Teacher is essentially to build and maintain a successful EAL Programme.
Prepare and teach English lessons to speakers of other languages.
This includes teaching English grammar, writing, reading, speaking, and listening skills, including teaching pronunciation, phonics and vocabulary.
The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young person’s
for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the relevant Cognita Safeguarding; Child Protection
Policy and Procedures at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the role, the job holder identifies any instance that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm either at school
or at home, s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Child Protection Officer/Designated Safeguarding Lead
or to the Head of indeed to the Regional CEP so that a referral can be made accordingly to the relevant third part services.
- Teach English to non-native English speakers
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes and age groups
- Classroom management
- Introduce cultural aspects to EAL students, especially those who are new to the English
- Assess, monitor, track and report on student progress
- Work collaboratively within the EAL and Primary teams to plan and build an appropriate curriculum aligned to student needs
- Liaise with classroom teachers to modify and differentiate lessons/materials for EAL students
- Support EAL students in class during regular lessons
- Undertake administrative duties commensurate with this role
- Coordinate parent meetings where appropriate to review a students’ progress
- Coordinate efforts with parents to assist students
- Teach any classes as deemed necessary
- Provide any other reasonable duties delegated by the Head of Inclusion or Head of Primary
- A Primary EAL teacher will be planning and teaching EAL lessons to a group of mixed age and ability learners (some with little to no English).
- Conducting consistent reading and writing assessments to track EAL learners’ progress.
- Attending some planning sessions with Inclusion and Class teachers to contribute to whole class and EAL learners’ success lesson planning.
- Collaborating with other Inclusion and Class teachers to ensure that EAL teaching is aligned with the Cognita Way and class learning to facilitate interconnected rigorous learning.
- Initiating and preparing differentiated EAL materials.
- Supporting EAL learners in classes as required.
- Meeting with EAL learners’ parents to discuss progress and recommend support at home.
- Attending related Professional Development sessions.
- Share innovative and successful ideas with Class Teachers to support and teach EAL learners in class.
- Develop learner focused relationships to ensure that the EAL learners feel safe, respected and are not afraid of asking for help and making mistakes.
- Native English speaker
- Curriculum development knowledge is required
- Proficient in using computers
- Preferable qualified classroom teacher with EAL qualification
Terms of Employment
- Based at St. Andrews International School, Sukhumvit 107
- Standard hours Mondays to Fridays 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Full time role
- Paid Annual Leave during prescribed school holidays
- Paid sick and hospitalisation leave
- Other benefits dependent on terms of employment
“Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be
undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.”
Interested candidate please send your resume along with cover letter briefly explain about your background and qualification for further consideration. The school reserves right not to consider application without cover letter.
St. Andrews International Schools, Sukhumvit 107 Campus
7 Sukhumvit 107, Bangna, Bangkok 10260
T : +66 (2) 393 3883 Ext. 923