The role has overall accountability for achieving the Companies’ production, profitability and safety goals, and cost reduction programs, while exceedingcustomer
expectations at the site.
The Plant Manager is responsible for all aspects of planning, organizing and directing of all operational activities of the site. This position usually has responsibility
for formulating manufacturing policies, forecasting manpower and facilities requirements, maintaining inventory controls, developing production time and quality standards, construction, manufacturing technology, safety, as well as the environmental aspects
of the manufacturing function. He/She shall direct a pool of supervisory, professional and support personnels engaged in production activities to ensure products are manufactured according to schedule, cost and quality standards, prepare and administer all
manufacturing policies, procedure, budget and reports.
Plant manager responsibilities will fall into:
Accountability #1: Financial Performance
- Fully accountable for the finances of the site including management of expense and capital budgets. Works in conjunction with the Plant Controller to ensure
that all reporting metrics are compiled on a timely basis to support business plan financial reporting schedules and related timing, continuously encourages all financial team members to engage shop floor reviews to improve process comprehension in turn improving
relevance of daily duties, detailed review of all capex, accurate compliance to all IPP documentation requirements, strict adherence to all financial governance guidelines.
- Is ultimately responsible for all control activities for the site ensuring compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley including ensuring that work is performed in line
with the documented control activities.
- Manage all functions which have impact to financial terms such as Flex, MUV, Expense, etc.
Accountability #2: Fix the core
- Ensure prompt root cause investigation of all safety incidences, customers complaints or quality defects
- If control activities are or become ineffective, ensure appropriate remediation actions are taken and resolution of ineffective control activity
- Reviews the scrap levels and ensures mitigation measures are implemented to reduce costs.
Accountability #3: Accelerate Growth
- Lead to implement the production system such as GPS1, GPS2, Quality and safety layer audit system etc.
Accountability #4: Operational Excellence
- Safety - Leads the expectation and culture of zero workplace injuries through behavior based safety, daily shop floor safety inspections, weekly review of all
HSE projects and non-conforming issues report, monthly review of all internal HSE initiatives, Recordable Safety Incident review and reporting, management systems and CI activities and support of all budgetary requirements. Directs the activities of the Site
HSE Coordinator in close coordination with the Corporate and Divisional HSE teams
- Quality - Drives strict adherence expectations of all quality management systems, monthly review of quality metrics, conducting random system checks for procedural
compliance, ensure internal and external issues are effectively charted and posted for entire plant review and engagement into the Quality CI initiatives and deliverables. Must be certain that all operational systems and procedures adhere at all times to ISO
9000 and ISO/TS16949 standards and any other established company or industry quality standards. Maintain compliance with ISO14001, ISO18000 Environmental and Health & Safety accreditation. Directs the activities of the Site Quality Manager in close coordination
with the Corporate and Divisional Quality teams
- Maintenance - Provides leadership to the Site Maintenance Leaders to ensure MRO administration is audited and up to date, daily review of top 10 equipment related
down time issues plant wide, daily review of top 10 facility projects and CI activities, clear inter-shift and departmental communication protocols posted and updated with the most significant production and facility projects
- Equipment Engineering - Works with the Site Engineering Teams to ensure monthly review of all manufacturing and facility equipment PM’s, expansions and upgrade
projects and related timing, establishes a frequency of Best Practice data base review for high potential CI files related to process and facility equipment, key and relative metrics included in departments posted communications to ensure alignment with plant’s
KPI’s and Business Plan attainment
- Purchasing; - Provides leadership to the Site Purchasing Team to ensure monthly review of 80% of total dollar value purchase by commodity and vendor, establish/review
forecasting metrics by commodity and vendor, ensure correlation between purchasing and release/scheduling needs to support material availability to production, communicates regionally and globally with the Technical Teams and Central Purchasing Teams on any
needs or ideas for improved purchasing activity
- Customer Service – Ensures a data collection system is in place for external customer issues, lead teams for prompt response of any external customer spills
related to production activities, review critical contact list is up to date and distributed to customers (includes internal and external customers), where possible set up weekly review of returning material form customer(s) with entire management staff to
help direct CI and operational improvements
- Supply Chain / Distribution - Ensures all daily incoming & outgoing shipments are managed effectively and any shortfalls are resolved as quickly as possible,
provides daily re-enforcement of sites responsibility to supply customers with required product (internal and external customers), ensures shipping and distribution metrics are established, posted and managed, utilizing the use of “priority” lists for effective
focus on daily/weekly/monthly needs for part supply.
Accountability #5: Doing Business Right
- Compliance and implementation with applicable company HSE policy, law & regulations, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 management system.
- Compliance with company IATF16949 and ISO9001 requirements to follow company procedure, working instruction and other registered documents in management systems.
- Compliance with Company policies, HR policy, government regulation, employee handbook etc.
- Other tasks or duties as direct supervisor assigned.
Accountability #6: Building Our People
- Effectively manages and coaches all site and front line managers to ensure proper staffing levels, cell board production data management, employee engagement,
clear and open communication including regular reinforcement of plant targets, shift requirements, customer requirements for production, ensures recordable safety incidents are clearly communicated and discussed to ensure appropriate actions are taken to prevent
- Communicates regularly with non-production departments
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orientating, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
KEYS TO SUCCESS:
- Build team capability
- Drive results
- Operate Strategically
- Value Others
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering. Master’s Degree or MBA desired.
- Must have extensive manufacturing experience, most of which was acquired in a senior managerial capacity and ideally within a lean manufacturing environment.
- Requires fluency in English.
- Requires at least ten years of specific managerial experience.
- Prefer automotive industry background
Note: This description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities.
We are firmly committed to the equitable treatment of all our employees and qualified applicants for employment. Equal opportunity in all aspects of employment is one of our firmest and
most basic beliefs and we will not tolerate any illegal discrimination, harassment or retaliation. The Company will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital
status, sexual orientation or any other protected class.
Please be advised that Gates Corporation does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters.
Interested person please send update resume with evidence documents, picture to
Apply Now or apply application by yourself at the our office on working hour ; 08:00 – 17:30, Monday - Friday for more information please contact 038-955587-93 Ext. 110,111
We are provided benefits:
Provident Fund, Group Health Insurance, Housing allowance,Meal allowance,
and Annual bonus.
Gates Unitta (Thailand) Co.,Ltd.
Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estate (Rayong)
64/86 M.4, T. Pluakdang, A.Pluakdaeng, Rayong 21140