As a part of the business, to ensure that the Group to abide by all applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies. Proactively anticipate any legal, regulatory and other challenges and take steps to deal with them effectively for businesses to grow sustainable.
Multi-industries International Group present in different countries with several operating plants in Thailand.
Identify or create relevant corporate initiatives in the areas that needs to be adopted, strengthened or relevant for specific market
Plan for and drive these corporate initiatives within the Legal, compliance and governance framework in collaboration with business stakeholders
Anticipate and manage the (legal) risks connected with or resulting from the business strategy and operations
Track the changing & evolving regulations including underlying trigger points and anticipate potential risk to business as a result thereof and mitigate them risk appropriately
Create legal risk mitigation framework matrix for contracts, Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), competition law, debt recovery or any relevant area for the business
Provide update on changes as well as timely counsel/legal advice to executives on variety of legal topics including assistance in adherence
Identify and create robust process for routine and regular matters
To minimise litigation through innovative approach
To manage litigation and assist businesses with strategy for managing litigation and explore possible alternatives within the procedural framework
To work closely with the legal consultants/firms on need basis for protecting and promoting business interest
Create way forward & plan on multiple litigation issues - in collaborate with legal dept. of different businesses
Drive & Ensure compliance of business operations with relevant laws and regulations
Provide solutions for any gaps that are identified by the business and work with them to ensure its completion & adherence
Create and maintain awareness of employees for (compliance with) relevant laws and regulations
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Law
- 8+ years of domain work experience across different business sectors
- Strong legal knowledge in corporate, commercial and regulatory/compliance matters
- Written & oral proficiency in Thai and English
- Contract drafting/review skills in English & Thai
- Managing external legal counsel and dealing with law firms
- Skilled in appreciation of challenges related to Compliance/Governance and ways to deal with them for listed/unlisted companies
- Communication, Interpersonal, Problem Solving Skills
- Multiple stakeholder management Skills
- Positive in approach and thinking
- Proactive and can do attitude
Attractive opportunity to join a multi-industries global Group with activity across different countries/regions and lead the legal department in Thailand.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below.
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Joao Maciel on +66 2 012 5086.