The role has two elements, Launch & Marketing Excellence (75%) and Business Development (25%). The Launch & Marketing Excellence role will focus on 3 key areas;
Marketing and Medical and Market Preparation Strategies, Cross Functional Leadership Capabilities and Pre and Post Launch KPI and execution – and ensure that they align with regional and global launch excellence strategies / KPI’s.
The Business Development Component will involve the BD manager to work in partnership with global / regional BD leads to evaluate the
potential of a new asset (Internal or External). This will require team work and cooperation with the relevant TA cross functional teams to help build Market Understanding, KEE feedback and Forecast Potential.
- Main Contact point for the regional team/ other countries for launch KPI/ product/ projects subjects, also with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure
successful launch plan and product divestment within timeline
- Lead the roll out and participation of Launch Excellence Frameworks for Cross Functional Teams; ensure alignment with and execution of Pre Launch and Launch KPI’s;
monitor launch KPIs with proactive recommendation to ensure the company is on track; support launch readiness reviews with senior leadership
- Evaluating and preparing the market across several launch scenarios and future competition. Factors include: key value drivers, segmentation, positioning, and
revenue potential; identifying potential risks to the plan and potential solutions to mitigate risks and maximize market uptake.
- Providing organizational set-up guidance and consistent recommendations for brand and sizing in collaboration with matrix teams and key messaging; engage cross-functional
stakeholders with proactive, clear and regular communication including the sales force.
- Highlighting dependencies, key decision points, critical activities and mapping to milestones; negotiating and resolving issues as they arise.
- Ensuring a smooth transition to additional or other brand team members as new roles are established and on-boarded.
- Lead Marketing Excellence projects and be contact point for regional and local team to drive the success of the projects and strengthen Marketing Capabilities
for local marketeers and lead new modules/Marketing tools to local team
- Explore, evaluate and identify new business opportunity covering both existing and new products, portfolio, segment, cross/up selling, channel, etc. This also
includes the divestment opportunity and project for business optimization.
- Represent AstraZeneca by engaging/participating in necessary business meetings/negotiations with potential business partners/clients to achieve the desired business
goals while ensuring AstraZeneca is perceived as a preferred and trusted business partners by these external stakeholders. Also lead the bidding of BD/ Divestment projects to select best partner for the business and ensure smooth transition of business between
post business development projects with relevant business partner
- Experience in pharmaceuticals or a related industry
- Significant experience in own specialist area
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communications skills
- Strong collaborative, partnering, and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to work independently
- Ability to operate effectively in an evolving organizational structure with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating flexibility and a proven ability to deal with complexity under time pressure
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment, put innovation into action and get things done
- Prior experience in development and execution of integrated launch plans
- Ability to translate key market insights into executable strategies and messaging
- Strategic thinker, able to evaluate a range of variables including market trends and opportunities, competition, research outcomes to develop strong near
and long-term marketing strategies
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence multiple stakeholders at various levels to achieve the objectives, often without direct authority or across
- Ability to think in the big picture, while also being disciplined and detail-oriented
- Learning agility and ‘scalability’ to take on increasing responsibility as the therapeutic areas and team grows