Location : Map Ta Phut / Thailand
Reporting direct :
Department Manager, Instrument
Purpose / Mission
- To work as part of the discipline engineering group, under the coordination of the Chief engineer or Project lead engineer
with minimal supervision, for the execution of detailed engineering activities
Key Relationships / Main Tasks
- To assist Lead Engineer on projects and responsible for scope, schedule, and cost on small to medium sized instrumentation projects, includes contractor selection and oversight of field
execution for projects assigned
- Participate in studies, conceptual designs and estimate preparation as required.
- Provides instrumentation engineering design document and or drawings such as specifications and installation guidelines for process instruments and control instrumentation systems ensuring
compliance with established engineering standards and able to perform primary and final element sizing, selection of field instrumentation.
- Can conduct technical reviews with vendor/contractor instrumentation in details design to ensure compliance with project specifications and applicable standards and codes.
- Provides input into technical work scope development and prepares cost and resource estimates and make recommendations.
- Can review / comments and do red-line markups P&IDs, layouts and other key documents with due consideration of safety, operability, simplicity.
- Ensure all project work carried out conforms with agreed codes and practices, meets all requirements of the contract specification, project scope and technical brief and ensure all work
applies the design criteria and methodologies outlined in it to the engineering of the project.
- Can perform a squad check engineering data sheets, specifications and requisitions, technical bid evaluations, vendor document reviews and approvals, and other engineering deliverables
are correct and meet as required by the project scope.
- Coordination with other engineering discipline teams and responsible for the work progress and quality of deliverables within the discipline area.
- Can analyze and interpret all project related documents (instrument, electrical, mechanical, piping, etc.) to accurately quantify all controls and instrumentation scope items provided
in project work scope requirement.
- Maintain a quality design threshold for the discipline through use of understandable quality procedures.
- Able to train and coach less experienced personnel to develop his/her technical knowledge, skills and competencies in order to produce potential talent for future business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Industrial Technology of Instrumentation & control, or a related field from
- Minimum one (1) to three
(3) years of working experience engineering or construction or maintenance operations of process instrumentation for the industrial projects such as Refinery and Gas plants, Petrochemical, Offshore, and other process industries.
- Have worked as an engineer in a relevant industry.
- Understand and have a knowledge of the company’s engineering tools such as Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI/INtools), COMOS EI and be able to create deliverables with these tools.
- Understanding to the codes and standards in the oil and gas industry i.e. API, BS, ISO, ASME, ANSI, IEC, ISA, IEEE, etc.
- Have an interpersonal skill, a team player and able to work with all levels of management and multinational staff.
- Understanding in Pre-FEED, FEED, or EPC projects.
- Able to specify field instrument and or equipment including sizing/duty specification calculations support such as control valves, safety relief valves, etc.
- Able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Able to coach and train less experienced personnel in technical matters.
- Very good in reading, writing and communication skills of English.
Position Description Validation Statement
An attractive remuneration commensurate with experience and ability will be offered to the successful Candidates.
- The description of work contained in the Position Description is provided to outline the broad requirements of the role.
- Employees may be required to undertake any workplace role within the Company that is within their level of competence and/or expertise.
- Recommendations, additions or amendments to Position Descriptions should be forwarded through your direct report for review.
- I hereby acknowledge the above and have read and understand the contents of the Position Description
- I have retained a copy of the position description for my reference.
- I agree and accept the responsibilities and tasks as outlined in this Position Description and will act in accordance to the tk Compliance rules and tk Code of conduct.
Please apply the application to Apply Now
Map Ta Phut Office:
thyssenkrupp Industrial Solutions (Thailand) Ltd. - Human Resources Division
Century Industrial Park, 450 Sukhumvit Road, Hueypong, Amphur Muang, Rayong 21150
Phone: +66 (0) 3868 9300 Ext.8243