1. Position Purpose Statement A brief but complete statement describing why the position exists.
This position is accountable for directing and leading the operation lines in the manufacturing performance of HSE & Quality compliance, Production Efficiency & Stability, Conversion Cost, Initiative start-up and Organization Morale & Capability. The IL6S Engineer will be responsible for delivering regular recommendations on how to maintain staff levels and lower costs, while meeting all of the quality standards set forth by the company and government regulations. The successful candidate will work side-by-side with the management staff to discover inefficiencies in business processes and then determine the best ways to bring our business methods in line with our financial goals.
2. Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required Describe the critical knowledge, skills and experience required to achieve the accountabilities of the position:
(a) Knowledge including: education, qualifications and training
• Bachelor degree or equivalent- related with Enginer (EE, ME, IE, Mechatronic Engineer etc.)
• Basic knowledge of business and management principles (Integrated Supply Chain, Budgeting, Financial analysis, Strategic planning, Resource allocation, Human resource development, Project management)
• Basic skill qualification in HS&E, QCMS, FSSC, GMP, Stewardship and all related HS&E and Quality system in food manufacturing process
• Fully understand the company policy and required regulatory
• Intermediate English communication and Computer literacy
• 5E Leadership skill @ intermediate level
• Well demonstration of 7 Mondelez value
▪ Understanding of Powder Beverange End to End Process and Technology
▪ Adequate knowledge of IL6S mastery @ intermediate level - can leverage IL6S mastery to build organization capability to deliver business results
▪ HPO demonstration
▪ Ability to coach and development others
▪ Strong Loss Analysis & Loss Elimination capability and PDCA thought process
(c) Experience MINIMUM EDUCATION EXPERIENCE OR SKILLS REQUIRED
▪ Minimum of 3 years of process engineer (Food industrial is benefit). New hire from the university is also applicable depend on the position.
▪ Qualified high level in IL6S skill or equivalent
▪ Day-To-Day priority management Able to use Computer, PLC, Project management etc.
3. Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
•Improve machine performance and work process efficiency
• Analyse work flows within and across departments to determine how the entire system can work better together. Lead failure analysis of equipment/DMS and fix root cause
• Review the KPI monitoring systems and determine ways to improve their ability to maintain company operations.
• Create an analytical new productivity project that their own.
• Own analyse capital expenditures and project designs to help find ways to cut costs.
• Maintain an updated outlook on all associated business costs and deliver a quarterly report.
• Be a technical expertise and lead the production teams to improve their operating skill per Skill level.
• Drive the line operational stability - Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping for the chronic issue
• Develop operation master plan to ensure the production line capacity is capable to deliver demand volume for next 6-12 months
• Collaborate with cross-function team for daily production schedule and manage resource allocation for daily production plan per need.
Supply Chain Responsiveness
•Lead the line improvement plans to improve efficiency of product changeover time and simplification in order to decrease supply chain time and inventory level
o Increase the production cycle
o Decrease the minimum order quantity
FINANCE /COST PRODUCTIVITY
• Generate and deliver the productivity cost savings / Loss Analysis & Elimination in the own area of manufacturing to strive for the best in class COGS and Margin for both internal and external benchmarking
• Accountable to plan and control the line manufacturing cost of material yield, direct labor cost, variable manufacturing cost and fixed manufacturing expense to deliver the committed cost target
• Lead the major productivity cost saving projects in his/her own area as planed
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT- New Initiative Delivery
• Early involvement to new product design phase to provide the operational requirement for delivering flawless start-up execution and meeting product launch on time. Apply the IL6S methodology to involve the change management.
• Ensure the support resource and asset allocation to deliver initiative execution successfully.
• Review and approve the operational readiness for initiative project hand-over to on-going production,
• Ensure all change management is complied with HSE and QCMS requirement
ORGANIZATION CAPABILITY - IL6S JOURNEY
•Drive the organization culture and behaviour toward High Performance Organization and the great place to work’ environment
• Own their goal development and timely 1:1 with manager or/and Subordinate
• Address and Develop the line organization capability needs in order to eliminate the losses
• Drive the effectiveness and efficiency of day to day IL6S implementation e.g. AM, DMS, SGA, Kaizen where their lead/own.
• Participate Site pillar team and/or Lead Site/Department Pillar standard work processes and deploy to organization
• Attend the DMS 2/DMS3 and/or Attend Function meeting and Back Up Section Manager for DMS4 meeting
• Manage Performance and development of direct reports to achieve organizational and department goals and provide a work environment that encourages learning and growth.
4. Operating Environment
Complexity: Manage & coordinate with many parties – or cross-function, and also lead his/her team to contribute as CBN, department Goal or even if site level. To learn more skill & knowledge both of function and IL6S skill. Working Relationships :
• All IL6S pillar leaders and members.
• Cross-function leaders e.g. Maintenance, MBD, Engineering, CS&L, Site Technology, QA, RDQ departments • Regional Pillar Network
• Supplier, machine vendor, etc. Key Challenges
• Day-To-Day priority management. And follow the Department master plan including the productivity.
• Servant Leadership and People Management with shop-floor organization
• Multi technical knowledge / skill Decision Making Authority
• Line operation master plan development and implementation
• Day-To-Day Operational priority setting and resource allocation request.
• Reward & Recognition and discipline for department
• Equipment/Work process turn-over acceptance to on-going production (operational readiness)
• Site system ownership development and implementation
Mondelez International (Thailand) Co., Ltd. is part of Mondelēz International, Inc. We are a leading snacking powerhouse offering consumer’s favorite brands such as Halls candy, Dentyne gum, Clorets gum and mints, Oreo cookies, Chips Ahoy cookies, Ritz crackers, Cadbury chocolate, Toblerone chocolate and cheese. Every day, our 1,300 employees in Thailand proudly create more moments of joy as we make the products that make people smile.
We’re a big company. But we believe, above all, in one thing – something that’s unique to us – and that’s the power of big and small. Yes, we have the scale and resources of a global powerhouse. But also the speed, creativity and agility of a fresh new start-up.