Main Duties and Responsibilities :
Responsible for strategic managing the whole spectrum of Risk Management function in the bank including credit risk, market risk, liquidity risk and operational risk.
Planning, Development and maintenance of Risk Management Framework
1. Creating and maintaining necessary and sufficient risk management framework of the company, ensuring best practice within the business, adherence to each framework, as well as veracity of risk reporting
2. Developing and maintaining processes and infrastructure to support overall risk management transparency, quantitative and qualitative risk analysis and control requirements, designing risk metrics and tools to help manage, measure, and monitor measurable risks
3. Establishing, revising documents, i.e. policies, rules and manuals, regarding risk management
4. Collecting information and investigating current risk management practices of financial authorities and other financial institutions
Company-wide Risk Management
5. Reviewing and summarizing, and presenting to and advising senior management and formal committees on key risk management issues, supporting decision-making for large exposures, new products and overall business development as head of the executive office of Risk Management Committee.
6. Take initiative and cooperating with relevant department to create and maintain sound internal control environment
7. Penetrating risk management mind/culture throughout the company
Supervising Risk Monitoring and Risk Management Issues
8. Ensuring correctness and punctuality of risk monitoring reports, monitoring risk taking activities in the firm and risk profiles of the firm and reporting to senior management as well as the parent company
9. Working with and satisfying each risk regulatory requirements including regulatory reports to financial authorities
10. Supervising and accommodating resolution of individual issues in relation to risk management, as well as advising and instructing staff in order to solve issues properly and smoothly
Department Management and Nurturing of Staff
11. Optimizing the function of Risk Management Department and stabilizing operations in the department
12. Nurturing, coaching and developing staff to enhance their competencies, knowledge and skills to meet job requirements
13. Improve staff’s professional and management abilities for personal development as well as to improve overall work performance
14. Perform any other duties for Risk Management Department as assigned by EVP in charge of Risk Management.
Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited (SuMi TRUST) was established through the merger of The Sumitomo Trust and Banking Co., Ltd. with Chuo Mitsui Trust and Banking, Ltd. and Chuo Mitsui Asset Trust and Banking Company, Ltd. on April 1, 2012. SuMi TRUST is Japan’s largest trust bank, with AUM of more than $800 Billion USD. SuMi TRUST provides an assortment of financial solutions and manages a broad spectrum of financial products across its global branches.
Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank (Thai) PCL (SMTB-Thai) - was established as a subsidiary in Thailand on October 28, 2016. SuMi TRUST will provide high-quality financial services backed by its experiences as a trust bank mainly to the Japanese companies operating in thailand, the core nation of mekong region (comprising Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam)