SUMMARY OF THE JOB
Oversees the financial management of Thailand and Vietnam. Responsible for supporting the center business leader on finance operations and interfaces with local Thai authorities, Vietnam local accounting
provider, Asia regional management and Global reporting team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary focus will be to oversee the finance operations of the CAE Bangkok and Vietnam Centers
- Review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial information including managing the overall financial close process.
- Manage the Vietnam local accounting and tax provider.
- Perform monthly analysis of business performance and trends and prepare various financial reports.
- Business partnering and support to the Center Business Leader, Operations and Sales.
- Prepare financial forecasts and budgets and complete overall variance analysis.
- Involvement in the implementation and/or review of management and audit policies and procedures
- Perform financial analysis of strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate internal and external audit activities.
- Manage the cashflow requirements and interface with global treasury on banking matters.
- Responsible for assessment of customer credit applications, and closely manage receivable, and collection processes in coordination with Customer service and Sales department.
- Define and review Accounting Policies and Procedures and ensure adherence thereon.
- Manage and review contracts with outside parties.
- Implement finance systems and tools (e.g. Oracle) and other global initiatives for automation and process improvement.
- Communicates/integrates changes to department processes and procedures
- Other assignments where necessary
- Accounting: prepares statements reporting the financial position and results of the company to management. Prepare the local statutory
reporting Provides authoritative counsel on proper accounting principles, procedures, systems, and practices.
- Tax: coordinates the preparation and filing of tax returns with tax agent, monitoring returns & ensure compliance to local tax legislation,
assist in the preparation of the tax provision. Provides counsel in and coordinates tax matters.
- Finance: provides economic analyses, studies, and counsel on all matters of potentially significant financial impact to the company and
assists in the development of budgets and other projective guidelines and measures
Number of direct reports: 0 (manage an external service provider in Vietnam)
Type of employees: Financial Analyst, Accountant
Budget responsibilities: Yes
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Professional Accounting Designation preferred.
- Analytical with good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Fluent in writing & speaking English and Thai. Vietnamese spoken skills would be an added advantage.
- Ability to adapt/react in fast growing global company and in a start up business that requires development and refinement of processes & procedures
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and local tax legislation
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Power Point) and Oracle would be an advantage.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Business Travel within Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia will be required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University Degree in accounting or finance and/or CPA or professional accounting qualification
- Minimum 5 – 8 years post qualification experience
- Experience in a multinational global company
- Knowledge of Hyperion and Oracle