An Engineering and Maintenance Manager (x1 vacancy) job has become available in Rayong, Thailand. Reporting directly to Deputy General (Thai), this is a role for an outstanding engineering and maintenance manager who has new plant start up experiences with solid operations background in petrochemical industries.
About the Engineering and Maintenance Manager Role:
This is a great opportunity for the Engineering and Maintenance Manager to manage maintenance activities. You will be supervising two mechanical engineers, two E&I engineer, a project engineer and outsourced maintenance supervisors and a planning & scheduling supervisor with staff of planners and material coordinators The salary range for this role is THB 90k - 110k per month with bonuses and provident fund.
- Manage the plant predictive, preventive, and condition based maintenance program to ensure equipment and assets are available and operable on schedule to meet short term business commitments
- Establish maintenance target & objectives and key maintenance performance indicators with input from project engineering and production teams - Set standards for qualified/craft contract maintenance employees and ensure contractors comply with maintenance SOP and provide required inspection and quality records
- Establish Predictive, Preventive, and Condition Based Maintenance requirements in cooperation with plant production and operational plan including resources (crafts, operators, parts, equipment) and availability to effectively and efficiently maintain assets /equipment in working condition. Prioritise and escalate as necessary critical repair work
- Lead reliability improvement program to increase the reliability of select critical equipment and assets to meet long term business goals
- Oversee root cause failure studies and investigations
- Manage and participate in planning and implementation of corrective and preventative actions and reliability improvement projects in cooperation with production and project teams
- Establish budget for the maintenance of equipment and assets on the plant site and periodic site turnarounds. Provide monthly reporting on costs and performance each to Engineering & Maintenance Manager and site leadership team
To succeed in the Engineering & Maintenance Manager job, you must have background in chemical engineering or mechanical engineering with experiences in chemical/refinery business. You must have an ability to deliver under pressure, work effectively and co-operatively with the team.
- Bachelor or master's degree in mechanical engineering or chemical engineering with a strong maintenance background
- Petrochemical or polyolefin plant experience in maintenance/production and/or process environment at least seven years in combination of all roles
- Experience in the maintenance of chemical plant equipment (such as distillation columns, motors, all styles of pumps, refrigeration units, cooling towers, compressors, instrumentation systems, and continuous stirred tank reactors) is required
- Experienced with Process Hazard Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Project Management, Turnaround Planning, Project Design, Vibration Monitoring and Assessment
- SAP experience preferred
- Possess a strong knowledge of government regulations affecting chemical plant operations (includes safety, environmental, and labour regulations)
- Good interpersonal/communication skills. Position requires productive interactions with multiple people at different levels within company, contractors, vendors and periodically with customers
- Ability to analyse plant mechanical and electrical/instrumentation problems and develop practical repair solutions that allow site to meet short-term commitments while providing basis for long term improvements
- Ability to perform engineering economic feasibility studies
- Ability to make quick, calculated decisions based on past experiences and limited information
- Practical oral and written English communication skills including communication across language barriers
This company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise.
If you are a driven and determined Engineering and Maintenance Manager with proven track record of achievements, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.
Due to the high volume of applications, our team will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters Recruitment (Thailand) Limited
Recruitment License No.: น. 1188 / 2551