Position Title :
CREST Research and Reporting Consultant
(Call for short-term consultants)
Duty Station :
Type of Appointment :
Desired Start Date :
As soon as possible
Closing Date :
30 September 2020
Reference Code :
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental
partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the direct supervision of Programme Officer (CREST) in Bangkok, and the overall supervision of Head of Labour Mobility and Human Development Unit
in Bangkok, the successful candidate will contribute to the research and reporting of the Corporate Responsibility in Eliminating Trafficking and Slavery's programme managed by IOM Bangkok.
Through this call for consultants, IOM aims to identify qualified applicants who following the pre-screening and interviews will be cleared by IOM to engage on relevant CREST-related research and reporting short-term assignments in the next six months. Once
cleared, identified consultants will be contacted by IOM only if their profile matches the profile of a consultant sought for individual assignments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Keep abreast of all developments in the CREST programme activity to prepare appropriate reports, briefing and background notes, and other documentation as required.
- Develop research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative data collection tools upon request.
- Consolidate and analyse data on CREST programme implementation and relevant indicators in order to facilitate the preparation of reports and/or research methodologies.
- Undertake or lead on primary data collection from internal and external stakeholders in person and/or online.
- Develop basic infographics, graphs, maps and tables to be included in the report as requested.
- Finalize the produced reports for external publication, including copy-editing in line with IOM house style manual.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned. The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree in Migration studies, International relations, Sociology, Research or relevant field from an accredited institution.
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- Experience in research and reporting, preferably in the area of international development and labour migration.
- Knowledge of and experience in migration issues, corporate sustainability, business and human rights or related fields for non‐governmental
organizations, international governmental organizations or government institutions is a strong asset.
- Previous experience in working in the UN system and legal background is an asset.
- Experience in technical writing and editing, preferably in the international development sector in an asset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a multi‐cultural
environment and respect diversity.
- Teamwork oriented but with a capacity to work independently.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Computer literate.
Required: Fluency in English
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government,
How to apply:
Interested consultants are invited to submit their applications with the following documents to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit via
"Apply Now" no later than
5.00 pm on Friday, 30 September 2020.
No late proposal shall be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 16.09.2020 to 30.09.2020