This role is responsible to develop country consumer, shopper and market in-depth understanding and leverage them with the help of the CI Manager Country/Category to inspire consumer-centric
growth strategies for Gum and Candy business mainly in Thailand.
The incumbent leads the use of syndicated data, Nielsen Retail Panel, Home Panel, and Equity tracking, along with key quantitative and qualitative adhocs (e.g. Comm Testing via FGDs and LINK,
Innovation Qualification work via BASES) to develop the plans and activities required to provide timely and insightful consumer and market place information and understanding which can be used as the basis for decisions for the category, along with working
closely with SIA experts on Analytics, PPA and Strategy teams (regional and global) to deliver insights that will lead to business action.
This role is also responsible for managing supplier relationship and ensuring we get the best value from their services
The role also that Mondelez’s best practices and world class analytic research programs are put to practice across the Country & Region consistently.
Some of the key accountabilities for this role will include (but are not limited to)
- Business Impact
- Understanding the consumer landscape through analysis of the consumer and shopper dynamics (i.e. consumer panel analysis, U&A analysis), the structure of the market (i.e. occasions & need states, product
domains, retail dynamics etc.) and macroeconomic, culture and people trends.
- Demonstrates business acumen and impactful data storytelling by delivering compelling and actionable business reviews through integration relevant tracking (Nielsen, Home Panel) & equity researches and ad-hoc
- Proactively participate in key decision making forums to achieve greatest level of influence across the organisation including consensus team meetings.
- Drive the identification and application of consumer understanding into the development of strong Mondelez Marketing Strategies and
- Leads the qualification work on Communication and Innovation initiatives subject to the supervision of CI Manager
- Together with CI Manager and Analytics team, spearheads the development and application of tools and techniques to drive the forecasting of the size of a new product launch and validate ideas
- Strategic Planning for Research
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of Mondelez’s business model, corporate / category strategies, business objectives and analytic priorities
- Proactively identify strategic issues and knowledge gaps within the category in Thailand and other SEA markets and generate hypotheses for validation.
- Accountable for delivering a solid Category Insights plan in collaboration with the CI Lead within the budget, time and resource constraints, aligned with the business priorities for analytic priorities.
- Powerful Insights
- Category and Competition: Proactively provide objective counsel to TH/SEA G&C Marketing team on category strategies and execution of plans, and provide prompt feedback on competitor activities and performance
- Consumer: Drive holistic consumer insights and understanding to leverage business planning and decision-making through qualitative and quantitative analysis working alongside with agency and cross functional
team, mainly Marketing.
- Customer: Together with Shopper Insights Manager and Trade Marketing team, build relevant and quality shopper and retail insights to drive conversion in-store
- Organizational Excellence
- Manage research projects and supervise suppliers to guarantee best practise project execution while meeting the standards of quality, timelines and cost effectiveness
- Collaborate with CI Lead and broader SEA G&C team members to facilitate teamwork, confidence, common purpose, and empowerment amongst the team members
- Provide constructive and effective feedback on Strengths and Development Opportunities through formal (MAP) and informal feedback
- Actively participate in the development of effective training, and facilitate delivery of training material
- Monitor and make recommendations to change functional structure across CI organization in the region as relevant to meet current and future business needs.
- Lead/ facilitate deep dive sessions, collaborating with Category teams in the markets and looking at various data points to address key business objectives
- Supplier selection and management
- On going manage the regional supplier relationship for retail and panel data purchases, ensuring service and added value is delivered consistently
- Guide long term relationships by actively participating in the evaluations, negotiations and training of suppliers.
- Facilitate continuous improvement in the level of service and quality outputs provided by key suppliers by ensuring consistency in approach and deliverables
- Providing checks and balances – facilitate reviews and evaluation (pre/post)
- Mastering Research Tools and Techniques
- Ensure optimal research solutions are developed and utilized through qualitative, quantitative, syndicated and advanced analytics tools.
- Strong expertise on Nielsen Retail Audit and Home Panel
- High familiarity with Equity Tracking, Nielsen Innovation Tools (e.g. BASES)
- Drive a culture of idea and insight development for innovation/ renovation and communication; post evaluation through appropriate tools which monitor the changes in consumption, market share and categories
in the region.
Do you have what it takes?
- Innovation Management
- Strategic Agility
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Developing Reports and Others
- Holistic Consumer Understanding & Compelling Insight Translation
- Effective Communication - persuasively articulates objective view / influences senior marketing managers and regional leadership on key strategic issues with personal credibility
- Has strong ability to build relationships/is widely trusted as honest and direct
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, analytic tools, trends, technology, and information affecting the category’s business.
- Fluent in English
- 8 - 10 years of experience in market research, analytics and/or management and market research
- Highly-strategic business knowledge and orientation
- Expertise in the analysis and communication of research information
- Fundamental understanding of statistical applications
- High level of technical market research, marketing, analytical expertise essential