Tilleke & Gibbins is a leading Southeast Asian regional law firm with over 180 lawyers and consultants practicing in Bangkok, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh
City, Jakarta, Phnom Penh, Vientiane, and Yangon. Established in 1890, we have grown into a premier regional law firm representing clients in the key areas of commercial transactions and M&A, dispute resolution and litigation, and intellectual property.
Our clients operate in a dynamic and changing global marketplace, and so do we. We work with many of the world’s largest corporations and innovative startups on the biggest deals and most crucial disputes in the region. Together, we are proud to play an important
role in developing the vibrant economies of Southeast Asia.
We are client-focused and committed to providing efficient, effective, and responsive legal services that deliver tangible results for our clients. The work, which is both rewarding and challenging, offers the chance to collaborate with talented individuals,
to solve complex problems, and to help shape the law.
Why Join Us?
At Tilleke & Gibbins, our employees are our most valuable asset. We recognize that the successes of our organization come from our employees’ effort and dedication.
This is why we always invest in our people and support their professional growth. Working with Tilleke &
Gibbins, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills that you need for your career advancement. We provide our employees the opportunity to exercise their full professional expertise as part of a high-caliber, collaborative, and respectful team—while
still being able to enjoy life outside the office. We strive to provide our employees the best possible work environment and the flexibility for each individual to grow inside and outside the firm.
Tilleke & Gibbins is consistently named an “Employer of Choice” in annual rankings by Asian Legal Business, based on an anonymous online survey of law firm employees—ranging from managing partners to support staff—covering job satisfaction, remuneration, work-life
balance, career growth, mentoring, and other issues.
Marketing & Business Development Executive
The purpose of this role is to initiate, engage, and develop the firm’s relationships with existing and prospective Thai clients to generate business
opportunities. This role is fully bilingual, and requires fluency in both English and Thai.
- Work with partners and senior associates on the development and execution of marketing and business development plans for selected practice areas, with a particular focus
on strengthening relationships with major Thai companies (both existing and prospective clients) across multiple industries (especially banking and finance, capital markets, energy, insurance, life sciences, technology, etc.) as they operate both in Thailand
- Initiate and implement client development activities to build on existing relationship with the firm’s key clients
- Create and maintain a matrix of client development activities
Thai Language Material Development
- Collaborate with other business development team members to prepare Thai-language pitching materials in response to requests for information
- Translate existing marketing materials from English to Thai
Market Research and Opportunity Spotting
- Conduct research on targeted markets and industries, as well as current and prospective clients of the firm, and analyze this data to provide recommendations on marketing
and business development activities
- Evaluate the firm’s existing client base to identify significant opportunities for growth
- Develop market knowledge, understanding, and insights to identify potential business opportunities and avenues for expanding existing business, as well as raising the practice’s
profile via events, conferences and client seminars
- Identify and coordinate cross-selling opportunities with other practices, sectors, and client teams
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptionally strong Thai language skills and fluent spoken and written English are both required (TOEIC score of 950 or above)
- Self-directed and reliable in planning and implementing multiple ongoing projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to create accurate work products
- Flexibility to account for differing needs of a large number of stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Microsoft Office suite skills (especially Word, Outlook, and Excel, but understanding of a wide range of Office 365 applications preferred).
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related filed, e.g. business, communications, law, marketing, English, international relations, etc.
- Minimum three years of marketing, business development, or communications experience in a bilingual (Thai and English) workplace, preferably in a professional services,
consulting, or other B2B environment
- Knowledge in market analysis and research
The ideal candidates should work well as a proactive team player with effective interpersonal skills, logical thinking. The
ideal candidates should possesses “Can-do-attitude”, enthusiastic, optimistic, open and objective toward others.
Tilleke & Gibbins is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value in workforce diversity and inclusion. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce. We do
not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, or status as an individual with a disability. We’re eager to grow our team, so please
get in touch with us to learn more.