Our client is a full-service container handling facility with one of the highest-volume cargo throughputs of any facility at its port. It is readily accessible to major truck routes and has rail service capabilities that connect the port to the Bangkok
metropolitan area. With steady growth in the Thai market, they are now looking for a competent Business Development Executive to support their business.
- Collecting, collating, monitoring and providing the latest information and intelligence pertaining to overall Thailand economy, supply chain and container market.
- Updating on macro-economic indicators for Thailand: example, unemployment rate, inflation, GDP growth, etc and the implications on our business.
- Changing in port policies and regulations: example, change in tariff and foreign ownership restrictions.
- Changing regulatory frameworks like foreign investment and tax laws.
- Handling local and international industry trends.
- Developing engagement strategies and facilitating business meetings (physical and/or virtual) with local government agencies/stakeholders, potential Thai and foreign business partners and supply chain stakeholders: Government ministries and authorities
(MOT, PAT, etc.); Trade bodies and associations; Port operators, shipping lines, logistics companies, freight forwarders; Shippers and consignees, beneficial cargo owners.
- Developing, growing and managing relationships with above-mentioned stakeholders.
- Sourcing for potential investment and business opportunities in Thailand, especially in the area of container terminals and cargo solutions: Seaports; Logistics centers, warehouses; Inland depots.
- bring responsible for digital platforms and solutions.
- Developing and evaluating the business case and financial feasibility of investment opportunities.
- Developing growth strategies and plans.
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition.
- Writing business proposals.
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts.
- Translating documents between Thai and English.
- University graduate of bachelor's degree or higher.
- Minimum 5 years of experiences in Business Development or Logistics or IT.
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy.
- Excellent command of English.
- Proven ability to negotiate.
- High stakeholder management skills.
- Experienced working with Thai government agencies.
- Experienced in port and/or logistics business would be an advantage.
- Experienced in managing IT projects would be an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills, proactive and with a positive attitude.
- Good communication, decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Well organized, ability to manage multiple tasks and can stick to deadlines.
- Experience working towards and exceeding targets.