Overall Lead for Contracts Strategy (Planning and Performance)
- Overall lead for annual and individual contracts strategy planning and performance in-line with approved Business Plan and Budget; contract value planning and execution, acquisition planning,
developing and managing key contract proposals, forecasting short and long term contract value utilization and risk assessment and driving performance to meet MP objectives.
Procurement Governance, Compliance and Controls
- Implement approved SCM Policies & Procedures and ensure that the work carried out in controlled manner.
- Manage and monitor utilization of Contract Value.
- Ensure standards of ethics, fairness in procurement activities are maintained, seek to uphold and enhance the integrity of the procurement process as well as maintain strict confidentiality
of documents pertaining to procurement.
Management of Tendering and Contracting Activity
- Perform overall contract management/contract administration and new contracts placement duties, including;
- Recommending bidders; bid preparation, processing queries from Bidders, preparation of two-tier bid evaluation programs; performing cost and price analysis and priced commercial evaluation
of bids; negotiating proposals; placing award, contract preparation and formalities;
- Manage and monitor post award contracting to meet operational needs:
- Conduct kick-off meetings, coordinating all contract submittals and correspondence.
- Recommend, processing and preparation of Increase in Contract Value, Change Request, Contract Amendment and Contract Extension / Contracts Renewal.
- Monitoring and maintaining contract financial performance; enforcing contract terms and conditions; managing MP and supplier communications; evaluating progress and taking action to keep
contracts on schedule; resolving contract issues; expediting supplier and MP personnel; providing logistics support; and processing, controlling, and maintaining contract file documentation.
- Handle claims, dispute settlement / resolution, contracts close-out.
- Review and advise the commercial impact on request to implement contracts liquidated damages, suspension and early termination to management.
Contract Drafting and Review
- Review contracts and schedule to ensure a technically and commercially sound.
- Ensure engagement with Risk Insurance Functions on contractors proposed exception (s) to the insurance and liability requirements.
- Functions and leads a negotiating team consisting of project management staff, Finance, Insurance and Legal (based on SCM approval) to establish the terms and conditions of a contract.
Contract Performance Monitoring
- Coordinate the development of contract management plan which include identification of the contract’s KPI for medium-high risk contracts.
- Coordinate follow-up progress meetings with all high risk contracts.
- Provide regular report on contractor performance and recommend issuance of warning letter(s).
- Coordinate regular contract performance monitoring meetings.
- Issue and manage warning letters related to Bidders and contractors performance.
- Participate in Users operations and provide guidance for alignment with MP Procedures & Guidelines for Upstream Activities (PPGUA) requirements.
- Ensure work is conducted with approved budget.
- Responsive to operations developments, issues and challenges that have contractual, schedule, resource and governance impacts.
Continuous Improvement and Others
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of contracting process and practice.
- The quality of improvement is in-line with the company expectation and the market best practice.
- University Degree holder
- Chartered status (MRICS) or equivalent professional qualification is preferred but may be waived subject to experience.
- Sound knowledge of contractual Terms & Conditions and Commercial Contract Law;
- Knowledge of EPC / EPCIC type of fabrication works.
- Proven experience in SCM management position Experience in coordinating a contracts team on multiple projects across multiple locations.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in oil & gas industry, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in contracts preparation and administration role in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Proven experience in SCM management position with well-known oil and gas company.
- Having experience in Drilling and Marine logistic contracts such as FSO and FPSO will be an advantage.
- Having change management experience and change leadership.
- Planning and Organizing
- Computer (MS Office, MS Project, etc,)
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Influencing skill
- Supervisory skill
- Managerial skill
Interested candidates can submit their full resume in English with a recent photo by click
Or apply directly at:
Mubadala Petroleum (Thailand) Limited
31st Floor Shinawatra Tower 3, 1010 Viphavadi Rangsit Rd.
Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900