Job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young person’s for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into
contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the relevant Cognita Safeguarding; Child Protection Policy and Procedures at all times.
If in the course of carrying out the duties of the role, the job holder identifies any instance that a child is suffering or likely to suffer significant harm either at school or at home, s/he must report any concerns to the School’s
Child Protection Officer/Designated Safeguarding Lead or to the Head of indeed to the Regional CEP so that a referral can be made accordingly to the relevant third party services.
- The core purpose of the role of an Admissions Manager is to be a brand ambassador who understands the school’s value proposition, appreciates individual parent and student needs in order to effectively sell the school to prospects
- Develop a deep understanding of individual parent and student needs and appropriately tailor the approach to each situation to provide a personalised visit experience and drive a high rate of conversion
- Qualify and convert enquiries into firm applications, helping drive new enrolments
- Develop personal rapport with prospective parents and students
- Conduct pre-visit surveys to gather as much information on specific needs, background and profile of each parent and student pre-visit to prepare and tailor the approach pre-visit
- Deliver personalised visit experience to each prospective parent and student
- Conduct 1:1 and group tours of the school and answer parent and student queries during post tour consultations
- Provide post tour feedback and status to Enquiry managers to update MIS
- Act as brand ambassador and present the school to prospective parents and students at recruitment events, open days and information sessions locally and in overseas markets
- Build relationships with key partners, affiliates and influencers in the communities locally
- Ensure that a student filing system is set up and kept up to dated.
- Understand and/or willing to learn how to use and update the school database system as well as the big database of Ministry of Education.
- To lead a multi-lingual admissions team and motivate them to provide a high level service
- Ensure all communication are accurate and available.
- Support efficient operations through multiple communication channels such as newsletters, websites, social media, display boards and TV screens, to promote school news
- In charge of the organization of events and displays such as Presentation Day, Foundation Day, Chinese New Year, and related school camps
- Direct sales experience in a highly personalised E2C environment ideally though not necessarily in education or related businesses
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation and persuasion skills in a 1:1 and group setting
- Result oriented and driven by successful outcomes
- Experience in dealing with clients in a multi-cultural setting
- Must have native Thai language, both spoken and written. Proficiency in English, and a third language would be desirable
- Self-motivated with an eye for detail and quality of work; pro-active attitude and passion for achieving results
- Proven ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Competent skills in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- 2 to 4 years work experiences in Marketing, PR or Communications
- Located at St Andrews International School, Sukhumvit 107, Bangkok, Thailand
Terms of Employment
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To be considered for employment at a Cognita School, pre-employment background checks are
- Standard business staff’s benefit and welfare
- Work hours 7.30 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Friday