Responsible to the Accounts Payable Team Leader – the Payables Accountant is responsible for processing vendor invoices and ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of payments to vendors after being duly authorised within the Bridgestone Group.
The role will primarily focus on carrying out transactional accounting activities in line with group accounting guidelines with a focus on accuracy, speed and timeliness.
1. Vendor Management
▪Ensure Vendor master data have been correctly added to SAP and is up to date and managed in line with policy
▪Ensure Vendor payment details are managed in accordance with group policy to ensure there are no fraudulent payment activities
▪Manage Vendor payment details to ensure there are no errors when processing payments
2. Processing invoices and payments
▪Facilitate the processing of Purchase Order Invoices, ensuring information is processed in an accurate and timely manner, and in line with procedures and policies
▪Facilitate the processing of Non-Purchase Order Invoices, ensuring information is processed in an accurate and timely manner, and in line with procedures and policies
▪Assist with the management of the Vendor Payment Run process in line with required timeframes and through SAP, ensuring all Suppliers are paid in line with contractual arrangements and group policy
▪Support the monthly Vendor Reconciliation process and follow up on all discrepancies or overdue invoices until resolved
▪Compile month-end accruals to support the management and budgeting processes
▪Reconcile outstanding purchase orders and goods receipts on an ongoing basis to ensure no orders or payments are missed or unmatched
▪Facilitate the payment adjustment process to ensure that Vendor accounts reconcile to goods provided
3. Managing exceptions and inquiries
▪Collaborate closely with required business stakeholders and the Financial Accounting team to resolve invoice payment exceptions and/or disputes are resolved in a timely manner and according to policy
▪Support in providing Vendor payment information to the rest of the business when requested
4. General duties
▪Required to work to strict local and global deadlines
▪Provide general support to other Shared Service departments as required
▪Whilst Accounts Payable related activities are the primary focus of this role, the incumbent will also be involved in some general administrative duties and support functions for the rest of the business on request
5. Support Improvement Initiatives
▪Participate in improvement initiatives assigned by the Accounts Payable Team Leader
▪Proactively identify and propose potential improvements in all tasks and processes, such as ways to automate tasks and in making processes more efficient
▪Participate in ad hoc projects and other tasks as assigned by the Accounts Payable Team Leader
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
▪Minimum Bachelor Degree in Accounting required
▪Good level of English, written and spoken
▪At least 3-5 years recent and relevant experience in Accounts Payable with a thorough understanding of Accounts Payable processes
▪The following personal attributes: self-motivated; good attention to detail; capable of making decisions; good communication skills; and ability to meet deadlines with minimum supervision
▪Experience with SAP or a similar ERP system
▪Proficiency in MS Office Suite, in particular, Excel and Word
▪Experience with OpenText VIM and/or other modern finance tools such as Blackline is desirable
Bridgestone is establishing a Shared Service Centre in Thailand to support various group companies located in the Asia Pacific region. In addition to performing assigned accounting activities, the Service Centre
will undertake ongoing initiatives to improve the quality and efficiency of it’s services, such as by incorporating best practices into it’s processes and utilizing new technologies.
We are looking for new potential member who meet with our Bridgestone Behavior (TRACE)
1) Transparency (T) >>Act ethically with integrity in all work responsibilities and share candidly the thoughts with Clear, Open and Honest.
2) Respect (R) >>Care for fundamental human rights, show courtesy, value diversity & different points of view and demonstrate mutual trust in our day-to-day interactions with each other.
3) Accountability (A) >>Take pride and ownership with also behave proactively and fully engaged in taking actions to deliver on our promises and provide the best quality in work.
4) Collaboration (C) >>Work with others as a team and support each other with the power of diversity and display unity of vision with also complement others with ideas and skills to achieve our business goals with pride and enthusiasm.
5) Embrace Change (E) >>Be constantly willing to adapt and promote positive change and see them as opportunities to meet the needs of our customers with also recognize that without the change, without the improvement.