Our client is a world-leading manufacturer and supplier of commercial home appliances.
The Senior Purchasing Officer will be reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager and will responsible for managing, organizing, and leading a team of buyers, securing all necessary approvals for the release of purchase order in a timely manner, managing the
suppliers to meet company SCM objectives, managing inventory control, implementing programs, cost-saving and monitoring critical component shortage affecting the production plan, and, will also be responsible for the following key functions:
- Managing, developing, and implementing an effective commodity plan.
- Leading in negotiating agreements with suppliers related to pricing, led – time reduction, flexibility, quality, and other supply chain factors.
- Managing and developing plans associated with supplier performance improvements.
- Serving as a focal point for procurement criteria development and resolving any related issues.
- Driving continuous process improvement activities.
- Leveraging best practices across all buyers.
- Participating as a Materials Representative on New Product teams, Implementation and Customers Focus teams.
- Serving as the first line of escalation for purchasing issues and problems.
- Managing team projects and allocating resources.
- Generating reports and coordinating a consistent procurement matrix.
- Managing staff to ensure timely and accurate purchasing, movement, and inventory control.
- Leading and managing performance development, and, providing coaching, career development for the supervised team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business administration, management, or related field preferred.
- Experience in tender, bidding activity.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of purchasing processes, policy.
- 4-5 years’ previous experience as a purchasing officer or related position
- Strong background in supplier and commodities management would be an advantage.
- Service attitude & a positive mindset.
- Able to handle multitasks, strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, and management skills.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and computer proficiency.