With the abundance of information available across the globe, a skilled OSINT Analyst knows how to find and interpret the various data sources so as to inform decision making to
reduce threat, harm and risk. As a global OSINT Analyst you use your specialized technical experience and your attention to detail to develop assessments and provide the actionable intelligence and context to investigations and proactive risk management programs.
If you have strong analytical skills and a problem-solving mindset, we have an opportunity to use those skills to support our Investigations, Counterintelligence and Insider Risk programme.
Key initiatives include:
- You enable IBM internal
collecting and analyzing open source intelligence.
- For the Insider Risk Program you’re pro-actively gathering and analyzing information to generate actionable intelligence towards
- Generation of intelligence by means of link analysis.
- You are able to formalize and build up OSINT operations within a diverse team of forensic analysts, intelligence analysts, and investigators.
- Deploy a covert and interactive dark web intelligence collection program and OSINT platform to
enable investigations and to
enhance the existing threat intelligence programs.
- Maximise usage of open source resources to identify conflicts of interest
- Forecast intelligence gaps and initiate development of comprehensive collection plans to address these gaps
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- 5+ years experience working in OSINT, insider threat, and counterintelligence
- Experience with accessing, researching, and exploiting open source digital platforms and resources to develop intelligence products
- Knowledge of advanced internet-based research, including Boolean logic, advanced research techniques, search engine and database resources, and resource validation in a non-attributable manner.
- Experience in the use of at least one programming language (e.g. Python)
- Experience with entity link analysis
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- A keen ability to identify trends and patterns in data
- Demonstrated experience in producing intelligence reports and delivering briefings to a very senior non-technical audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working both within a team, and on own initiative – particularly when managing and prioritising allotted duties
- Additional language(s) in addition to English, Chinese being a plus
- Dedication to continuous professional development
- A high level of integrity and experience of working with sensitive material.
Desirable Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated experience in conceptualising and implementing new programs
- Familiarity with manipulating large data sets
- Experience of producing evidential reports
- Experience as IT Forensic Analyst
- Additional languages are advantageous
- Experience in the use of i2 Analyst Notebook
- OSINT, Intelligence and Cybersecurity-related certifications are a plus