Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a global leader in innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities.
Senior Electrical Engineer Thailand for Development and Research activities in the Commercial Lasers Group. Activities include operations support, hardware design activities, cable design and management activities within the EE/SW group, spec development, testing and test plan development, product documentation.
This position requires familiarity with both analog and digital circuits and strong experience in developing cabling and connection systems. Experience with programmable logic (VHDL or Verilog) and high-speed interface. Familiarity with laser or optical system design is desired. Product designs will include embedded microprocessors, interface and analog circuits, programmable logic, high current drivers, temperature control servos and more. Both PCB level and chassis level design is involved. Expert proficiency Altium designer preferred.
Excellent troubleshooting and Failure analysis skills as well as written and oral communication skills in English are required.
The successful candidate will be closely involved with Commercial Lasers manufacturing, driving FA and continuous improvement efforts as an integral part of Lumentum’s zero defect culture at our contract manufacturer, as well as contributing to new product development.
Understanding of the function of document control systems, BOMs, RoHS, EMC, and general computer skills are required. Extensive familiarity with electronics manufacturing and component manufacturers is expected. Flexibility and the ability to interactively work with other disciplines (software, mechanical, and optical engineering)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete specific new design tasks on schedule and in an organized manner.
• Specify components used in new designs
• PCB and chassis level electrical design including cable, cable harnesses and overall interconnect management
• Quickly establish root cause of electrical related factory and field failures.
• Work with factory personnel and contract manufacturers to implement process improvements and assist bringing new products to production.
• Prototype materials procurement
• Prototype debugging
• Alpha & beta build supervision
• Project planning & tracking
• Design documentation
• Departmental infrastructure support
• BSEE or MSEE degree
• 5+ years industry experience
• Excellent troubleshooting skills required in both digital and analog domains.
• Understanding of both digital and analog circuits required
• Excellent teamwork and documentation skills required
• Knowledge of industry best practices
• Experience with programmable logic
• Experience in analog circuit troubleshooting and Root cause analysis.
• Broad technical skills/interests desired
The Commercial Lasers Business Unit offers OEM customers the widest variety of laser modules, engines, and components for macro-materials processing, micromachining, biotechnology, analytics instrumentation, and more. The Commercial Laser Business Unit is profitable and growing, it’s highly regarded technical engineering team is based primarily in San Jose, CA and Zurich with manufacturing in Thailand. The company is well-positioned for continued success in the rapidly growing markets it serves.
Apply job to Lumentum website > Click
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com.
Lumentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.