Bangkok Patana School is seeking a Nutritionist. The role of the Nutritionist will involve providing advice to the School’s Food Services Department in relation
to nutrition and healthy eating. They will plan, coordinate and evaluate nutrition programs and integrate within the School’s menu in order to meet the healthy choice objectives of the School’s canteen services.
- Plan food and nutrition programs for the School, supervise, and advise Chefs and other staff in the preparation, cooking, and serving of meals.
- Coordinate food programs that promote healthy eating habits and suggest diet improvements within budgetary guidelines.
- In liaison with the Food Services Manager, develop policies and procedures in relation to food preparation and healthy food standards.
- Plan the weekly menu for the canteen to ensure it is a healthy, balanced menu. Assist with menu planning for other major functions as required.
- Prepare and advertise the weekly menu for the community to view.
- Provide advice, education, and training for staff and canteen users on nutrition and healthy food choices and on catering for special dietary requirements.
- Check nutrition information of snacks provided at the snack bar, source, and recommend new healthy items to introduce to the snack bar.
- Monitor and evaluate food quality and hygiene of the Food Services Department.
- Provide advice & support for individuals with special dietary requirements.
- Prepare request forms and other paperwork to order items for the snack bars in school.
- Assist food service coordinator concerning the student set lunch programme.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned and agreed with the Food Services Manager.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least a bachelor's degree in Food Science, Nutrition, or other related fields.
- Sound knowledge of kitchen operation, nutrition, and food hygiene.
- At least 2 years of experience.
- A team player with a pleasant attitude.
- Able to work under pressure and manage time well.
- Detail orientated.
- Excellent English communication skills in both spoken and written.
- Patient with a good service mind.
- Time and problem-solving management.
Applicants are invited to send their resume/C.V. together with a recent photo and expected salary by clicking on "Apply Now"
Recruitment and Training Manager, Bangkok Patana Schoo
643 La Salle Road, Sukhumvit 105, Bangna, Bangkok 10260
Tel: 02 785 2437, 02 785 2441
Interviews will take place in English; short-listed applicants only will be contacted.