Our client is a leading global manufacturer of specialty materials. They are now looking for a Quality Manager to handle ISO9001, QMR, IATF16949, New Plant setup.
The Quality Manager will report to the Plant Manager. The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Developing and analyzing statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of the finished product.
- Formulating and maintaining quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Directing, through intermediate personnel, workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Developing and implementing methods and procedures for monitoring work activities, such as preparation of records of expenditures and progress reports, in order to inform management of current status or work activities.
- Planning, promoting, and organizing training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Analyzing and resolving work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems.
- Being able to recruit, hire, train staff, evaluate employee performance and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
- Interpreting company policy to employees and enforces company policy and practices.
- Investigating and adjusting customer complaints regarding quality.
- Supporting and creating effective teams, units, and environments.
- Promoting organizational strategy and vision.
- Creating linkages for employees on how they impact business strategy.
- Completing objectives through supervisors or managers or senior exempt specialists who have significant latitude.
- Setting the direction for a major, multi-functional unit or department.
- Being responsible for unit/department for budget, schedules and planning.
- Understanding and meeting or exceeds quality standards; seeking to minimize the error rate.
- Participating in continuous improvement efforts. Supports and helps to implement new ideas.
- Effectively giving and receiving feedback.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Acting as Quality Management Representative and maintaining the integrity of quality systems, and accreditations.
- Knowing and following all safety requirements; strives to maintain a safe work environment.
- Maintaining a high level of 5S in the areas responsible.
REFERENCE CODE: QM1011802
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or a related field.
- At least 5-10 years experience in a technical/quality control function from a manufacturing industry background at a managerial level.
- Experienced in Quality System ISO9001 as QMR (IATF16949 is a plus).
- Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Speaking is more important as he/she needs to able to communicate effectively with our global team members.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders while also coaching and mentoring colleagues about safety & quality initiatives.
- Good in writing, reading, and spoken English.