- Ensures that raw materials, packaging materials and chemicals are properly evaluated during delivery acceptance.
- Monitors proper storage and warehousing practices of raw and packaging materials by conducting regular audit.
- Monitors quality of PET bottles during its blowing to ensure its conformance prior to use in production.
- Provides and monitors availability and quality of concentrates and concentrates bases inventory.
- Translates, prepares and ensures quality of concentrate and concentrate bases according to product recipes for experimental/commercial run.
- Provides technical support in the area of beverage raw materials to production and other functions as needed.
- Ensures conformance of process, product-in-process and finished product to physico-chemical specifications through monitoring, process audit and periodic review of SOP’s.
- Ensures the corrective actions are implemented on identified deviations of the monitoring.
- Ensures detection and identification of microbial contamination at earliest stage within the process through effective monitoring system.
- Ensures conformance to physical specifications of the finished product during packaging operations through effective monitoring and inspection.
- Assists/Coordinates with other departments in the implementation of pollution control measures and waste prevention program.
- Assesses the conformance to product handling and warehousing standards of full goods from the plant to sales offices, dealers, and trade outlets.
- Provides assistance in the evaluation/design of chemical treatment system for water and non-alcoholic equipment and machines.
In November 2017,Suntory Beverage & Food Limited (SBF), a global soft drink company, and PepsiCo Inc., one of the world's largest food and beverage companies, entered into an agreement to form a beverage joint venture in Thailand.,The official announcement of its beverage joint venture took place on March 5, 2018 and has marked a new chapter for Pepsi-Cola brand in Thailand and will create more excitement for Thailand’s liquid refreshment beverage (LRB) industry.
The alliance is intended to combine the strengths of both global powerhouses, with an ultimate goal of achieving the No.1 leadership position in Thailand’s 50-billion valued carbonated soft drinks(CSDs) category and creating new growth opportunities by expanding its beverage portfolio to meet consumer demands, ranging from hydration to sports drinks, ready-to-drink teas and coffees, bottled water, and juices to a variety of innovations in the future.
SPBT has registered capital of THB 19.68 billion. Since March 5, 2018, the company has served as the operator and distributor of PepsiCo beverage brands, namely Pepsi-Cola, Mirinda, 7UP soft drinks, ready-to-drink Lipton teas, Gatorade sports drink, and Aquafina hydration drinks. In the coming future, it will also develop and introduce beverage innovations and new offerings from Suntory to Thai consumers.
In terms of production, SPBT operates two manufacturing facilities; one is the 96-rai Rayong plant located in Amata City Industrial Estate of Rayong Province, and the other is the 104-rai Saraburi plant at Nong Khae Industrial Estate in Saraburi Province. The company will continue to distribute beverage products through a global logistics firm - DHL - as its logistics and warehousing partner for Thailand. It also works with 24 local distribution partners to gain access to more than 470,000 retailers-wholesalers, and grocery stores nationwide