• Project leadership Defines and leads implementation of continuous improvements for the project execution strategy for the local project operation, in alignment with Division and HUB and LPG Business Unit business strategies.
• Project portfolio Ensures that the responsible portfolio of projects is managed consistently, based on best practices and the Policies.
• Instructions and guidelines Leads and overseas local project management organization, ensuring that the Policies are consistently followed. Develops, customizes and continuously improves standard processes and work instructions by adopting ABB Power grids and external best practices. Ensures that lessons learned from project execution are analyzed and conclusions are incorporated in continuous improvement actions.
• Budget, sales and operations planning Provides input to LPG Operations Manager for the budgeting process. Participates in Sales and Operations Planning with other members of the Local Product Group Management team, and takes actions to close potential gaps in project execution capacity.
• Project execution and control Supervises local project and performance management through portfolio reviews with Project Operations Managers and project reviews with management and Project Managers to ensure contract fulfilment, and recommends any project deviations Takes an active role in resolving escalated project issues, especially those raised by customers. Ensures that projects are formally closed out, as contractually agreed.
• Contract and claims Ensure that all projects consistently apply contract and claims management, in accordance with the Policies and contractual agreements.
• Stakeholder relations Builds and maintains relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Serves as an escalation point for individual and systemic project management issues within the project execution team.
• Health, safety and environment (HSE) Validates and supports that adequate HSE measures are taken in the respective project operations functions and that an HSE culture is implemented and maintained in the organization.
• People leadership and development Ensures that the area of responsibility is structured to fit the business model, sufficiently staffed with skilled resources and directed appropriately. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect reports within HR policies. Oversees competency assessments and ensures that the project staff is licensed and certified appropriately. Leads and coaches the project execution teams to achieve defined business objectives. Drives efficiency and effectiveness, improve cash flow, revenue and profitability. Defines organization of the project in coordination with the Project Manager by assigning project team members to projects based on competencies, customers and availability. Develops project execution capacity and capability in line with ABB Power grids policies, i.e. directives, instructions and guidelines.
• Direct: 25
• Indirect: 15
• Functional: Project Management, Site Management, Engineering and Field Service Technicians
Required Knowledge & Skill
• Excellent knowledge in project and portfolio risk management
• Ability to prioritize in a portfolio that is alive and has constant change.
• Application of governance across a portfolio
• Strong analytical thinker who can observe and proactively act on trends.
• Effective communicator at various levels of the organization
• Identifying risk and ensuring corrective action taken and sustained
• Meets deadlines, follows up and escalates late actions, closes gaps before they become a problem.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Project Manager Certification or recognized equivalent PMP (PMI) and minimum 10 years experience in Portfolio Management and fully conversant with project life cycle.
• Having experiences in turnkey substation projects and operation jobs.
• A degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
URGENTLY REQUIRED !!!
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid.