Our client is looking for an experienced Program Manager. The candidate will lead a cross-functional team made up of Engineering, Quality, planning, and Supply Chain personnel and coordinate with the product design team / sending side of the transfer team
through new product development or qualification projects from the initial planning stages through the manufacturing ramp.
This role is responsible for managing all aspects of development and manufacturing launch including schedule development/maintenance, project cost, product cost roadmap, resource allocation, cross-functional team assignments, proactive risk mitigation, and
project deliverables for prototype, Alpha, Beta, Qualification, and pilot manufacturing phases.
- Lead technical and operation team by building relationships, deploying PM tools and experience, and through personal example.
- Develop the team members, processes, and environment to achieve desired results.
- Create executable development plans/schedules based on team inputs; proactively address risks, resource gaps, and emergent issues to keep programs on track despite inevitable problems
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending.
- Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Develop and track project budgets and resources in cooperation with the larger team
- Monitor and adjust resource deployment as necessary with the functional team managers
- Communicate program status to technical stakeholders, leadership, Senior management.
- Embrace a Kaizen (continuous improvement) approach to both programs and the organization
- Embrace and implement the Product Development Process and Manufacturing readiness checklist
- High level of initiative, ownership, and leadership
- Team-oriented approach to personal leadership and problem-solving
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability, Reliability, and Quality methodologies
- Knowledge of supply chain management and Operations.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with members of the larger team across all job levels, job functions, and locations
- B.S. in an engineering or related field plus 10+ years of experience in managing complex product development or operations in electronics, Semiconductors, or Opticals manufacturing
- Experience with Semiconductors, Lasers, or other Hardware engineering and product transfer from R&D to manufacturing launch.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal, written, and presentation formats.
- High level of integrity, work ethic, responsiveness, and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to travel as required/possible to coordinate projects and build relationships with the larger international development teams.
"Only short-listed candidate will be contacted & notified by phone."