The Product engineers are typically more experienced engineers who are responsible for the end to end manufacturing yields, BOM, costs, etc. They typically report up and laterally outside of their engineering group so communication and reporting skills
- Manage overall product performance, maintain product specifications, BOM, and material specification requirements.
- Own product yield and drive yield improvement activities with cross-functional teams in Thailand, and with our international counterparts.
- Own product cost and drive overall product cost reduction through material cost reduction, yield improvement, and production efficiency improvement.
- Lead 2nd source qualification verification.
- Coordinate NPI project to ensure design transfer to manufacturing readiness, organize verification activities, and manage product cost
- Organize other engineering improvement projects as assigned – self-initiated
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering major with a minimum of 5+ years of working experience with Semiconductors, Lasers, or other Hardware engineering and product transfer from R&D to manufacturing launch.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a product through its lifecycle from development to EOL.
- Demonstrated ability to cost reduce products that they manage through yield improvement or BOM cost reduction.
- Demonstrated ability to optimize the manufacturing flow and process to optimize for cost and cycle time.
- Experience on passive optical products or optical transceivers, especially technical background for tunable laser, MZ modulator, and frequency locker are preferred – but NOT a must.
- Experience in NPI through new product development or transfer into manufacturing.
- Excellent organizing and communication skills to lead cross-functional teams.
- Good sense of quality systems, strong logical analytical capability and troubleshooting skills, familiarity with statistics analysis tool (Minitab or JMP), and understanding of MES systems.
- Good oral English and writing is a must.
"Only short-listed candidate will be contacted & notified by phone."