The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for developing,
implementing, and maintaining to support of procurement and order management processes.
Coordinate with various suppliers to achieve maximum effectiveness and efficiency in maintaining optimal stock level and bringing in pre-order items with shortest
possible lead time while meeting customer’s specified delivery due date.
Plan, analyze and monitor supply chain management to support business project in comply with the company policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Issue purchase orders and necessary supporting documents to support purchasing process.
- Track and monitor orders to ensure all orders comply with trade/legal regulations and arrive on time while the product specifications meet customer’s and company’s
- Develop and improve procurement process to create effective and transparent procurement procedures while achieving utmost cost efficiency and meeting trade compliance.
- Analyze costs, negotiate contract details, offer strategies and solutions to help companies better manage costs on supplies and vendor services.
- Coordinate with suppliers and relevant stakeholders to determine EOQ, proper min/max stock. Manage inventory and ensure stock items have adequate quantity fulfilled
- Develop positive working relationship with suppliers to obtain best quotes, product samples and rework of parts. Conduct supplier evaluation.
- Engage with suppliers on various matters related to shipment handling and product quality and price deviations.
- Update shipment arrival plan, monitor and expedite shipment to arrive warehouse on time.
- Handle and monitor import operational process, customs clearance, shipment status, contact shipping and Forwarder Company.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and comparative report related to procurement process e.g. claim status and supplier evaluation
- Carry out other duties and ad-hoc projects, as periodically assigned to meet business needs.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Chemical Science or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Overseas Purchasing / Import / trading businesses.
- Must possess educational background in Chemistry at least from Senior High School.
- Have experience in Chemical business and handling DG shipment with more than 1,000skus is preferable
- Good command in verbal and written English communication and negotiation. TOEIC greater than 800 is preferable
- Strong knowledge and in-depth business understanding of import operations, logistics processes, international trade and customs clearance procedure.
- Result-driven and excellent performance of change management, including the ability to influence and work with all levels of employees and to establish collaborative,
innovative and goal-oriented work environment.
- Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal skills and be able to work under pressure.
- Logical, systematic, problem solving and decision making. Agile preferred
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office especially in Advanced Excel skills in analyzing optimal purchase quantity, Internet applications and related programs.
You Should Know That:
- You will be part of a project to conduct digital transformation. You would need to help create a lot of things (SOPs, P&P, all procurement related structure
and systems) together with designing new workflows and definitely need to work hard. However, you have a great opportunity to fully utilize your creativity and implement it till realization, create meaningful work and really prove on what you’ve got.
- You will be working primarily at our HQ office at Italthai tower and would have to travel from time to time to our Logistic & Warehouse site in Samutprakarn
to see how your work impact warehouse operation and evaluate for supply chain improvement