The Presales Engineer activities involve technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations as well as directing the capture of customer requirements and timely competitive
technical information. This information is then used to create technically accurate bids for specific opportunities. Technical sales support activities involve creation of network diagrams, site surveys and providing technical expertise during the entire duration
of the sales cycle. The Presales Engineer works as part of the sales team to drive new account or renewal wins and attainment of revenue objectives, as well as to work to coordinate installation status and progress with the Operations team.
JOB DESCRIPTION & COVERAGE
- Mentoring and managing of the Presales engineers
- Ensure that the sales team receives required level of support
- Work with sales team to help define/refine sales message and sales package
- Liaison with the customer or customer representative for site details – both pre- and post-survey
- Conduct site surveys, network planning and design on the basis of standard guidelines
- Design the network based on InterTouch certified and approved guidelines
- Prepare the relevant and required documents based on the survey
- Production of responses to RFI/RFP/tender.
- Preparing BOQ/BOM/network diagram/AP location diagrams etc.
- Working with sales team to provide product, business and technical knowledge in support of Sales/Presales activities.
- Staying abreast of product roadmap as well as understanding the scenarios, features and functions within each of the products and how these are applied to address business and technical
problems. This includes interacting with Product Management and Development team on an ongoing basis to stay current.
- Understanding the business and technical problems addressed by the products, including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs etc.
- Attendance at conferences and working with subject matter experts and research to stay on top of changes in business issues/requirements/regulations/technology, and understand where the
market is going.
- Staying current on competitive analyses and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors.
- Preparing for meetings and tailoring communications to address business needs of potential clients as part of Presales process.
- Providing feedback from the market to Sales, Product Management and Development regarding products including coordinating gaps between product functionality and market/customer demands.
- Registering change requests, based on customer/market requirements
- Coordinating requirements for proofs of concept with Technical team
- In conjunction with Sales team, developing and conducting transition briefing – communicating commitments and expectations of customer organization etc.
- Vendor management and vendor development
- Evaluation of new products and solutions to ensure they meet the market requirements for your specific country or region of responsibility
- When designing the solution, focusing on reducing costs for customer and InterTouch, whilst keeping in mind the approved guidelines
- Provide and complete site surveys as required or co-ordinate with the site Manager to ensure all site requirements meet the customer expectations
- Provision of equipment verification, pricing and margin responsibilities. Normally produced with a BOM, Bill of Materials
- Review of bids prior to submission to potential customers
- Providing technical written response for submission for RFP and RFI for potential customers
- Providing technical Sales support on a real-time or near-real-time basis (that is, phone or email support for representatives that are on a Sales call)
- Provide technical presentation to customer expectations explaining the InterTouch technology and features
- Able to communicate technical and business information to widely varies audiences.
- Dedication and commitment – willingness to take on and deliver challenging tasks and tough assignments to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal relationship-building skills.
- A good understanding of IP Networks, VLAN’s, switching and IP protocols.
- A strong knowledge of Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi standards.
- A good understanding of TV reception, broadcast and delivery methods.
- A good knowledge of the hospitality Industry and a good understanding of how to work within it.
- A strong knowledge of interTouch current product range.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand business processes and business problems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with Ekahau or Similar Software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail, and an aptitude for working with numbers and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Frequent travel may be required.
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritize work accordingly
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- A willingness to constantly expand and develop your own personal knowledge base.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally at a variety of levels and work closely with commercial departments such as sales, operations and product.
- A valid Passport as frequent travel may be required.