The overall responsibility of the category management is to optimize sales for a particular group of products. Commercial Own Brand must be able to maintain a productive relationship
with suppliers, as well as create an engaging relationship with customers that are interactive, satisfying and responding for every all aspect of the in-store selling of a group of products.
- Conducts market research and analysis to identify products that can be developed and adopted as Makro’s Own Brand.
- Feeds back market information, competition information, projects, sales and profit results to line manager and branded team.
- Work with branded team to conduct assortment review and identify Own Brand NPD plan. Coordinates with concerned Director, Sr. Buyer and Buyers to identify existing shelf-products
that are sellable and can generate desired sales and profits if developed and marketed as Makro’s Own Brand. Identifies suppliers who can co-develop these products.
- Launch new OB items on time and to targeted cost, to achieve Own Brand new launch budget SKUs and sales
- Cooperates and maintains good relationship with suppliers who are reliable in providing OB products. Monitors the performance of Own Brand products, identify route causes of shortfall
and plan actions to improve performance
- Check and ensure branded buyer maintains information/ data bank for OB products by encoding in the computerized system all correct articles and suppliers data.Ensures that products
being developed match or better quality than branded benchmarks and priced lower than the benchmark according to brand positioning.
- Ensures that product quality and efficacy meet Makro and Thai FDA standards and customers’ expectations, if necessary, to obtain certificate.
- Work with branded buyer to produce an effective Makro Mail Program, to achieve sales budget and profit targets. Gives all necessary information and documents (i.e. article, supplier,
ordering, promotions) to the stores.
- Makes regular store visits to detect operational problems and follows-up on product quality and presentation. Gives all the necessary information to the Commercial Director and
concerned Sr Buyer and Buyers to which the own brand is categorized/ grouped.
- Commits to all agreements made with the suppliers (i.e. invoice control arrangements, price differences), all of which are subject to a written contract or confirmation.
- Work with QA team to ensure all new products are tested and pass according to Thai FDA standards, ensure OB quality meet customers’ expectation
- Work with Communication and Demonstration team to develop new launch activity in stores to drive sales
- Work with OB Sales Support & Analysis team to identify reasons for shortfall, work with branded team to plan action for recovery. Work with OB sales Support & Analysis team to identify
and plan OB loyally program in stores to drive sales
- Performs any other tasks not specified herewith as required / instructed by superior / management.
- Graduate of any business course, preferably Product Development or BA
- Bachelor's Degree required or related work experience.
- 5 years minimum with experience in food and non-food product development and purchasing, preferably with brand management skills
- Having background with merchandising and supplier relationships.
Required Competencies and Skills
Interested candidate, please send resume in Word Format with academic records and recent photo to:
Human Resources Division,
- Controlling, Persuasive, Behavioral, Evaluative, Competitive,
- Decisive, Innovative, Forward Thinking, Achieving Ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail /organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Industrial Distribution
SIAM MAKRO PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED.
Tel: 02-067- 8147