The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for
- Contributing to the development of the school’s marketing and communication strategy
- Leading the development and execution of the marketing and communication programme to support the school’s growth agenda
- Developing and implementing multi-channel tactical marketing and communication campaigns, generating admissions enquiries from multiple target segments
- Supporting the development and execution of both academic and non- academic communications delivered to the school’s internal parent community, to ensure that the school delivers an outstanding
customer communications experience
- Working closely with the School’s education and operational leadership teams and the teacher community to support staff members in delivering one-to-one academic communications that are
aligned with the school’s wider communications framework, yet appropriate for each individual teacher. The Marketing & Communications Manager will also work closely with the IT department to ensure that the teacher community can make best use of the various
communication technology platforms to deliver personalized parent communications.
- Assisting with the development and execution of engagement opportunities with key external stakeholder organisations on behalf of the School Leadership Teams
- Developing and managing marketing and communications budget
Marketing & Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing sound customer retention programs, to ensure maximum pupil retention during key transition periods
and beyond. This is a role with a high level of accountability and the key measures of success will be the number of new enquiries generated, footfall at Open House Events and the efficiency of the marketing spend (ROI). Customer retention is also a key aspect
of this role.
- With the school’s Admissions Manager, Assistant to Admissions Manager and Head of School, develop a marketing strategy to support the school’s growth, identify new markets from which to
recruit pupils from inside Thailand and outside Thailand, and create focused initiatives to drive recruitment
- Develop the school’s annual Marketing Plan and budget which is aligned to the school’s strategic and long-term development goals
- Develop a comprehensive multi-channel customer communication programme which supports effective customer engagement, retention and parent advocacy
- Regularly monitor competitor performance to support school development plan and marketing initiatives
- Ensure school branding and logo is being used in line with Brand Guidelines.
Tactical Marketing and Communications
- Implement the marketing and promotional activity for the school (including events, digital marketing, advertising, PR, sponsorship etc.)
- Identify and execute relevant community-based initiatives in which the school can play a relevant part, to support awareness / positive brand perception etc.
- Working with Admissions Manager, Assistant to Admissions Manager and Head of School to identify (school and non-school based) feeder relationships within the local community and establish
close working partnerships to generate new enquiries
- Manage the marketing spend and ensure activities are planned and executed within agreed budgets
- Manage the organization and promotion of marketing events (Open Days and Assessments) and align the required the organization support in conjunction with the Head Teachers and Admissions
- Create and maintain the content for the School’s website (keep it up-to-date with recent news items on a current basis). Identify and champion opportunities for enhancement
- Develop communication channels including use of ‘Social Media’ to promote recruitment and retention
- Develop and manage production of all external marketing collateral including prospectus and direct marketing activities
- Management of all PR based media relations relating to promotion of the school including proactive message placement through drafting of press releases and establishing positive relationships
with representatives from local media channels to enhance the reputation of each school
- Maintain and update school photo gallery
- Support Parent/Teacher Organization on key annual events, attend monthly meetings to monitor parent morale and feedback important school issues
- Regularly review and monitor communications from the school to parents and the outside community.
- Update or create yearly all printed communication materials including Prospectus, Annual Report, Curriculum Guides, General School Handbook, Yearbook.
- Collaborate with Marketing teams in the other Cognita schools in Thailand to organize joint programmes and events such as Open Day, Student Visits, etc.
- Work closely with the School leadership team, contribute to the annual focus for messaging and executional timing relating to the School calendar, which reflects the overarching framework
for parent communications across each academic year, covering academic and non-academic communications.
- Draft high-quality communications and provide overall editorial control for school to home communications, ensuring appropriate content, tone, brevity and consistency. Regularly audit
the School’s parent communications across all channels (academic and non-academic) to identify areas that require improvement – develop actions to address.
- Develop and implement regular parent communications (targeted and general) which educate and inform the parent body and showcase the achievements of the school in the best possible light,
using a multi-channel approach.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to weekly newsletters, handbooks and curriculum guides and the School
- Act as a key custodian of the School’s parent portal, ensuring that content is updated and refreshed in a timely fashion.
- Maintain the school’s (digital) library of communication resources; images, parent testimonials and refresh accordingly
- Develop and manage the internal communications budget to ensure appropriate and effective spending on internal events and collaterals.
- Building a deep knowledge of the School’s provision, programs and results; constantly refresh this knowledge to maintain an expert level understanding to inform parent communications.
Internal Event Management
- Implementing an annual program of community events which reflect the multiple communication needs of the school and its parents; including events that educate and inform, events that promote
the school’s strengths and achievements, events that celebrate milestones and other relevant days
This role requires an experienced consumer marketing professional with a developed knowledge of the full marketing mix and multi-channel deployment; experience of designing and developing
campaigns, optimising returns as well as leading and managing agency resources to generate outstanding work that achieves results.
- 7+ years’ corporate level communications expertise who has experience in both message development and execution, gained in an environment where they have worked across multiple channels
to multiple audiences.
- This role will be digitally savvy, being able to harness the digital environment to effectively engage with diverse stakeholder groups.
- This role will be an excellent copywriter with the ability to create and adapt tone of voice relevant to the audience whilst working within an overarching corporate style.
- This role will be empathetic with a school community, able to tap into the needs of parents to share communications that are relevant and impactful.
- This role will be a patient and thoughtful mentor to junior staff with a collaborate style, inspiring best practice.
- Bachelor Degree level qualification in marketing, communication or related field
- Experience of using customer databases / CRM platforms
- Sound knowledge of working with segmented customer base to implement sales / service strategies
- Analytical skills, able to interpret multiple data sets to identify trends
- Commercially astute with a very good, understanding of financial metrics, able to set budgets, assess P&L performance, evaluate ROI
- A sound knowledge of the full marketing mix including strategy development and planning, campaign development, measurement and tracking, optimization
- A sound knowledge of on-line / digital marketing including website management and on-line advertising
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write high quality marketing copy
- Good ICT skills (e.g. Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint), experience of using Content Management Systems and of social media
- Experience of managing the creative development process for digital and printed communications including agency management and briefing, production, print, photography
- Excellent face-to-face and verbal communicator with the ability to engage others and to make own message understood by stakeholders
- Excellent listening skills, able to understand the subtleties of communications and detect the underlying message
All departments, students and parents
School based location
Terms of Employment
The job holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere
to and ensure compliance with the relevant Cognita Safeguarding; Child Protection Policy and Procedures at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the role, the job holder identifies any instance that a child is suffering or likely to suffer
significant harm either at school or at home, s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Child Protection Officer/Designated Safeguarding Lead or to the Head of indeed to the Regional CEP so that a referral can be made accordingly to the relevant third