The Junior Technical Designer
This role of junior technical designer at AvroKO, is responsible for the development and documentation of AvroKO’s projects, with the highest technical caliber
appropriate to our project types and design vision. A key goal of the Junior Technical Designer is to ensure AvroKO’s designs and deliverables are of a high technical standard and to help ensure our designs can be built to excellent quality. The Jr. Technical
Designer is expected to carry out detailed drafting work including translating conceptual designs into detailed engineering drawings, flow diagrams and schematics, to make field visits as requested to take measurements of the site. The Jr. Technical Designer
works closely with the Project Technical Designer and Senior Technical Designers and reports to the firm’s Managing Director.
- In close collaboration with the Interior Designers and Senior Technical Designers, develop detail and technical solutions.
- Collaborate with project leadership to ensure technical performance and design quality is at the highest standard.
- Supporting the Project Technical Designer and Senior Technical Designer in developing details and technical solutions based on the design and deliverables set forth in the contract. Being
sure to follow AvroKO’s Architectural Standards.
- Assist in developing complete detail design and construction document drawing sets
- Study details and solutions in 3D, based on the interior designers direction.
- Develop detail furniture designs & documentation sets.
- Develop knowledge in both the production & manufacturing methodologies of joinery - to ensure shop drawings supplied to the client are not misleading.
- Set up and maintain project files and folders in accordance with AvroKO’s standards.
- Regularly maintain and update CAD blocks & details based on Architectural Standards.
- Maintain a working check set of all deliverable documents.
- Time managing on the job progress and drawing completion.
- Archiving record copies of all milestone deliverables.
- Assist in day-to-day department operations when necessary
- Producing technical drawings for the design and construction documentation sets.
- In collaboration with Senior Technical Designer, define, assign and control drawing documentation numbering, in line with AvroKO’s Standards.
- Maintain a predetermined production schedule to ensure that project milestones are completed on time, and project efficiency is maintained.
- Depending on available resources, schedule and scale of project, provide drafting support to AvroKO Studios globally as required.
- Partner with Senior Designers to perform construction administration services including:
- Reviewing submittals, substitutions and field conditions for conformance with the design intent.
- Attending and reporting on field visits.
- Conducting punch lists reviews
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
- Carries out the drafting requirements for new or existing projects
- Produce production ready drawings
- Ensuring timely completion of all allocated projects
- Update any variations or amendments to the architects’ plans
- Coordinate with Senior Technical Designer to ensure conformance to hotel brand standards, specifications, as well as other regulatory requirements
- Prepare technical drawings and plans to be used in the production and construction of joinery
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for and construction projects
- Ensure drawings are produced in compliance with agreed standards and ensure internal quality review and signoff before drawing submittals.
- Inform Senior & Directors in charge the status of work and advise of any problems or potential problems as early as possible with identified solutions.
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other architectural data received to ensure that they conform to design concepts.
- Provide drawing adjustments as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, architecture or industrial design, or equivalent experience
- 0~4 years of contiguous employment experience
- Technical & detailing skills
- Sketching, layout, drafting & 3D modeling skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient with design softwares & tools
- Time-management skills
- Communication skills
- Handles criticism well
- Working knowledge in REVIT will be considered an advantage
If this sounds like you and the opportunity of working with a fast-moving, dynamic company excites you, then please send us your recent photo, CV and your portfolio
(Resume in English only).
AVROKO CO., LTD
177/1 BUI Building, 17th floor, Surawongse Road, Siriyawongse, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500