United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Position Title: Junior Project Clerk
Post Level: UNOPS LICA1
Section: Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Unit
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Availability of the Post: 1 December 2020
UNHCR is the UN Refugee Agency and takes the lead in providing international protection for 79.5 million refugees and displaced people worldwide.
Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) in Thailand has been achieving outstanding results since its establishment in May 2008.
PSP Thailand continues to diversify its fundraising portfolio especially the Direct dialogue fundraising, or face to face (F2F) fundraising
which are conducted in-house and Digital and Multi-Channels fundraising. Through in-house and Digital/Multi-Channels fundraising programmes, PSP generates the largest portion of funds that
go directly to support refugees in Thailand and the world.
Junior Project Clerk is responsible for assisting the concerned supervisor and team in the implementation of general administrative and resource
management tasks. S/he will work on regular assignments with an oversight from the supervisor, who will provide general guidance and work plans for identifying work priorities and appropriate approaches; performance is measured with target, expected results
and compliance with policy and procedures.
Under the overall supervision of the Assistant PSP Officer, the individual contractor will assist in the following:
Support the In House Face-to-Face Fundraising team
- Human Resources: Provide support to UNHCR fundraisers recruitment process; screen and select potential candidates, call for interview and other candidate management.
Provide general support for the in-house F2F Fundraising Manager or Team Leaders on office administration.
- Event Management: Assist in event management; research and acquire new locations, design event materials and maintain relationship with existing location providers.
- Provide evaluation report and keep track of location quality.
Support in Digital Fundraising team
- Provide Administrative and Office Management: Donor database management.
- Monitor and keep record of fundraising materials offline and online inventory.
- Support the team to implement campaign marketing, high profiles and social influencer engagement, visual content development, digital fundraising database management and report generating.
- Assist to UNHCR online presences development; content upload to website and social media.
- Assist digital donor care services such as prepare Thank You letters, report, response to general queries from donors and supporters, and coordinate with partners to serve donors’ requests.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Monitoring and Progress Control
- In House Face-to-Face Fundraising team receives correct information and number of recruitment and events in timely manner.
- The IC delivers qualified Digital/Multi-Channel Fundraising tasks within given timeline.
- PSP team is supported in Administrative or general operation tasks in timely manner.
- Good skills of administrative and organization
- Languages - Good command of English and Thai languages.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Good skills of sales, communication, negotiation and convincing.
- Discipline in time management and be punctual.
- Excellent in interpersonal skills and pleasant personality.
- Good skills in all MS office.
- Completion of secondary education in Business Administration, Communication Arts, Public Relations, International Relations, Office Management, Human Resources Management,
or related field.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite (in particular Excel) and Powerpoint Presentation
- Excellent knowledge of English.
Candidates who are
not Thai nationals are required to submit with their application evidence of their right to work in Thailand.
Only candidates under positive consideration will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.