About Our Client
Our client is a global chemical manufacturing company who specialized in petrochemical production, servicing the market with world-class products. They are now looking for a new Accounting & Finance Manager to take care of a team of 15 people, both in Bangkok and plants. This role is based in Bangkok.
In this role, you will be the number lead a team of 12 Accountants and 3 Finance Officers to run smooth and highly compliant operations within their functions. You will act as a Business Partner to the management team regarding all accounting & operation finance issues. You will be reporting directly to Thailand General Manager.
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes
- Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial controls audit
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Supervise and/or manage general ledger accounting functions
- Manage liquidity, cash flow and cash management as well as all treasury related activity
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from Top Universities only
- CPA or MBA preferred, but not a strict requirement
- 15+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
- Thorough knowledge of TFRS, IFRS and local tax requirement
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all level of an organization
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems.
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.