Mahidol-Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit (MORU) is a medical research institution that conducts research to improve health and reduce the infectious diseases burden of communities in the developing world. The Programme has a research and administrative hub within the Faculty of Tropical Medicine at Mahidol University in Bangkok and is a collaboration between Mahidol University & University of Oxford (UK).
MORU is seeking to recruit an experienced and driven individual to join the team in Bangkok, Thailand. The successful applicant will be working primarily on large scale multinational projects which will collect data on thousands of patients with febrile illness at community and health facility level, as well as on patients admitted to ICU in a recently established Asian ICU network.
Working closely with researchers, IT specialists and field teams the post holder will apply software development best practices in a fast-paced environment to provide data management support for research projects. We are seeking an innovative, forward thinking and dedicated individual, who can think out of the box and is ready to work with the latest software tools and methodologies. The work will involve development of a mobile application and integration of the mobile application with a robust back end database and supporting end-users at various locations in Asia.
The ideal candidate for this role will be responsible for:
- overseeing the hardware and software being used in this network
- procurement of the devices and supportive equipment (SIM cards, solar chargers etc)
- distribution, security and software installation and management.
- providing user training and day to day support for the 500+ data collectors
- handling Android application development and integration to ensure these devices can serve as effective platforms for these purposes
- consolidating user requests that require technical action and coordinating with the data manager to ensure relevant technical updates are made.
- coordinating with site teams for data related action eg database testing, resolving queries etc.
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Science (or closely related subject)
- Expertise in Android application development and integration
- Ability to procure and configure mobile devices
- Must have proven IT hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Ability to contribute ideas and discussion
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Excellent communication skills (Thai/English)
- Good team player
Terms & conditions
The post is based in Bangkok at the Mahidol Oxford Research Unit (https://www.tropmedres.ac/).
The salary will be based on MORU scales and will depend on experience and qualifications.
The salary package includes:
- 13th months of salary
- health and life insurance
- Social Security
- Provident Fund
- 20 days of annual leave
The successful applicant should have good communication skills. Interested applicants, please submit your application with detailed resumé to
Dr. Yoel Lubell
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Mahidol-Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit (MORU)
Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University
420/6 Rajvithi Road, Bangkok 10400