Digital Sales / E-commerce Commercial
The Trade Council of Denmark in Bangkok is looking for a dedicated and dynamic advisor to be responsible for Danish businesses’ Digital Sales activities in Thailand. The Danish government’s strategy for Digital Growth 2018-2025 aims to increase the competitiveness and profitability of Danish companies by assisting them in the transition to online sales. The position is part of a united Digital Sales / e-commerce effort from The Trade Council, where you will be part of not only your local team but also a global team of Digital Sales/e-commerce advisors in 15 locations around the World.
Your primary responsibility as a Digital Sales Advisor will be to advise Danish companies about online sales opportunities (with a special focus on B2B and B2G) and advising them about how to initiate or optimize their sales to Thailand and the South East Asia region (SEA). Furthermore, you will also get the opportunity to develop strategies and business concepts for scaling in the SEA region in collaboration with our regional sector teams for both small and large Danish companies within the sectors of Energy, Environment & Water, Health, and Food & Agriculture.
Digital Sales is an important priority for Denmark, and we want to leverage your experience and existing network in this field.
- Experience with strategic Digital Sales / E-commerce either from a Digital Marketing/Sales Consultancy/Agency or from a position as Sales Manager or Digital/E-commerce Manager from a company doing online business in Thailand.
- Strong ability to identify commercial opportunities and develop relevant export promotion activities.
- Commercial profile with several years of specific international experience.
- A Master’s degree in business administration and/or other commercially oriented graduate degree.
- Experience with customer relations ensuring decisive value creation and customer satisfaction.
- Solid network with, and understanding of, e-business in Thailand and/or the SEA region.
- Ability to forge tight relations and trust in regards to sales and consultancy tasks
- Understanding of public sector dynamics.
- Fluency in English and Thai. Danish is not a requirement.
We are looking for:
- You are proactive, resourceful and a strong networker. You are always willing to lend an extra hand to colleagues and put an extra effort to ensure a project’s success.
- You are a team-player who values a good working environment with a strong focus on cooperation.
- Result oriented with a talent for converting opportunities to specific projects
- Driven, ambitious and outgoing
You will be a part of The Trade Council regional team in SEA and be part of the embassy staff in Bangkok. In your daily work, you will report to the Head of The Trade Council in Bangkok. You will work closely with the commercial employees at the Trade Council in SEA, who collectively cover the following sectors: Energy, Environment & Water, Health, and Food & Agriculture.
The Trade Council performs consultancy based internationalization services and has a number of shared KPI’s, including value creation and activity targets.
What we offer:
You will be employed as a local employee at the embassy on a 2-year contract with the possibility of extension. Salary according to qualificationsand according to the terms as local employee at the embassy in Bangkok. 23 days of paid annual leave and flexible working hours.
1 August 2021, or soon thereafter. Employment with the Embassy requires security clearance by the Danish Security and Intelligence Service.
Friday 21 May 2021 at 4pm (local time).
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview at the Embassy shortly after.
Please send your application (resume and cover letter) to Khun Nongluk marked “Digital Sales Advisor Bangkok: [your name]”. We are asking for a focused and motivating application, which contains information regarding education, previous work, qualifications, language skills, references etc. Applications without a cover letter explaining your motivation will not be considered. For any questions regarding this position, please contact Commercial Counsellor and Head of Trade, Nils Robenhagen, Tel +66 (0)2 3431121.