Business Development Manager
Springtide is a SME-focused investment fund (www.springtideequitypartners.com). We have been identifying high potential businesses in Thailand for investment since 2015. Our first investment, the natural haircare brand Khaokho Talaypu, has grown 5x since 2015, and is now the #1 Herbal Shampoo in Thailand.
We are recruiting our first employee for an exciting, new project to acquire, integrate and operate several e-commerce brands onto a common operating platform. The project is backed by well-connected and experienced investors who believe that many online brands have significantly higher growth potential with larger investment and access to a professionally managed operating team. We are looking for a talented business development leader with strong entrepreneurial qualities to help the founding team identify and evaluate online brands for acquisition. Over time, we hope to accumulate as many as 20 brands with leadership potential in their respective niches.
The project will be led by three Springtide principals with significant international and local experience in the Consumer Goods, E-Commerce, and Technology space. To our knowledge, this has not been attempted in our market, and promises to be a transformative and rewarding challenge for all involved.
- Full time business development manager to work alongside the founding team start a new entity that acquires and grows E-Commerce brands (details are confidential and will only be shared prior to extending an offer)
- Analyse our proprietary database of high performing e-online brands to identify acquisition targets.
- Prepare and execute an outreach program to contact and negotiate acquisition with the targeted companies and brands identified.
- Develop business cases and growth plans for each brand to approve funds from our investment committee.
- Help to create and build the shared operating entity that will house the brands we acquire.
- Strong interest in pursuing an entrepreneurial venture. Dynamic, creative, and positive. Ready to take on the exciting challenge of building a multi-brand conglomerate.
- 2-5 years’ experience as a high performing management trainee, business development executive, or private equity associate at Thailand’s leading Corporations, Banks, Investment Funds, or Professional Services firms. A track record of directly prospecting and evaluating business acquisitions is preferred.
- Self-sufficient and well organized – before we recruit the rest of the team, you will be working on your own, and you will need to be driven, efficient and resourceful.
- Personable and strong negotiation skills. Part of your job scope will be to personably reach out to brand-owners, make a case for why they should sell their brand/business and negotiate the terms with them.
- Further experience in E-Commerce and Digital Marketing will be highly valued. The targets are consumer-facing brands. We will be looking for candidates with strong intuition for Thai consumer preferences and good analytical skills to develop growth plans.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Comfortable speaking English and Thai to all levels of counterparties.
- Our office is currently located at the Sorachai Building in Sukhumvit 63, Bangkok.
The job on offer is a full-time engagement, and will pay between THB50,000 and THB90,000 per month depending on experience and qualifications. Basic expenses will also be covered. Further benefits and bonuses will be discussed prior to a formal offer.