The Procurement Team in Maersk Asia Pacific Liner Operations is looking for a Procurement Analyst responsible for Maersk spend in Thailand with a focus on
Warehousing and Distribution.
Maersk Thailand is proud to be one of HR Asia’s Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2020.
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender,
age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
We are looking for a Procurement Manager to be responsible for procurement and contract management of, but not limited to, the Warehouse and Distribution activities in Thailand, positioned
in Bangkok, and reporting to the Head of Inland Procurement of TMS (Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore) in Singapore.
What this position involves
• Lead and execute sourcing projects for, but not limited to, self-managed and outsourced warehouse and distribution activities. Key elements include third party warehousing contracts,
lease agreements, equipment and infrastructure purchase or rental, labor contracts, consumables & trucking services
• Support the Product Team to create solutions for different customer segments (E-commerce, cold chain, distribution center, consolidation / deconsolidation etc)
• Review, develop and implement the procurement strategy in Thailand
• Achieve and exceed saving targets agreed with management team
• Support preparation and execution of major bids and ensure alignment with relevant internal stakeholders and partners
• Establish contact with key suppliers to acquire information on service offerings, understand their market approach and enable a better and closer working relationship.
• Actively monitor supplier landscape in Thailand and build up new suppliers to enable them to meet the organization's standards and requirements in future, to ensure reliable supply
at competitive prices and to manage markets risks
• Execute procurement activities in line with Maersk policies and procedures and document relevant steps in accordance with guidelines
• Ensure contracts are in place with suppliers
• To support the optimum use of procurement tools and systems
We are looking for
• Experience in supply chain management and logistics is a necessity when applying. This, combined with awareness of cost drivers and sourcing processes, will be highly valued in the
• Prior experience within the third-party logistics sphere will be a plus.
• The individual we are looking for must have strong communication & interpersonal skills through which he or she will engage a broad range of colleagues and stakeholders locally,
regionally, and globally across a wide range of functions.
• The person will be responsible for driving key procurement projects forward and will be an integral part of the team and its ability to deliver on our ambitious goals in Maersk.